Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Bettyanne

Default Rosetta BROWN, b 1825 Chenies, Bucks

Is there anyone out there who is researching BROWN of CHENIES? Father Daniel born 1784 wife ANN ? Children born 1820's include Daniel and Rosetta. Rosetta is the one I am most interested in. She disappeared in London sometime after 1847. Did she emigrate? Any ideas?

trudy4656

Did she marry?

Trudy

Bettyanne

Default where did rosetta go to?

Rosetta Brown was born 1825 in Chenies Bucks. In 1846 she was working for a family in Shoreditch. She had an illegitemate son in September 1847 and he was put in the care of the LondonFoundling Hospital in October 1847. Although I have searched for her I cannot find if she lived, married or died. One emigration record I found in her name was to New Brunswick in 1847. Of course if it was her she probably moved on. I wouldlove to answer this final question. We know all about the baby as he was our great grandfather. Regards Bettyanne

louisa maud

Have you got the exact date of the travel to New Brunswick?

LOUISA MAUD

Bettyanne

Smile Rosetta Brown disappeared

I have Rosetta Brown 1847 to St John New Brunswick. from ancestry.com The source is given as Dessie. Baker, editor Emmigrants from Derry Port 1847-1849 but I dont know how to proceed with this? Also Ancestry. 27 May 1848 age 25. ROSE Brown from Liverpool to USA ship Caleb Grimshaw? How can I make sure this is ours? I spend most of my searching time on this lady. perhaps she just changed some of her identity and lived in the UK! All I know is her brother Daniel named a daughter Rosetta. Thanks for you interest Bettyanne

louisa maud

she must have gone after the boy was born, so after about Sept I suppose, I can't access the A*****Y , I think they give ages on manifests, that I suppose is the only lead.

I wish you luck anyway

regards

LM

Hugh Thompson

Hi Bettyanne, do you have Rosetta's parents names?
    Hugh.

Bettyanne

Smile rosetta brown

Yes, father Daniel Brown born Chenies 1784, mother Ann unknown. Siblings were Matilda 1813, Marian 1815,Eliza 1817, died 1818, Eliza 1819, Caroline1822, Daniel 1823.Mary Anne 1827. All born chenies. Daniel snr. parents wereWilliam and Sarah nee Austin Regards Bettyanne

Bettyanne

Question rosetta brown

Quote Originally Posted by louisa maud View Post
    she must have gone after the boy was born, so after about Sept I suppose, I can't access the A*****Y , I think they give ages on manifests, that I suppose is the only lead.

I wish you luck anyway

regards

LM
    Yes we know it was after the son was born, as her previous employers did not want her back, so where did she go?. I have checked and she did not appear to have gone back home., There were schemes for people to emmigrate in her circumstances. I will still keep looking. Thanks for your interest Bettyanne

Bettyanne

I am not sure in 1847 she had a baby who was put into the care of London Foundling Hospital after that she disappeared and I have spent some time looking for her.Bettyanne

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast