Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Have you checked this Death

Deaths Sep 1849
    Rosetta Brown Lambeth 4 531

Sandy

Bettyanne

Yes I now have the certificate and unfortunately its not ours. This one is a member of a family. Still would like to know where she went to after she left the Lying in Hospital about October 1847.Could she have gone to a workhouse or a home for lost souls. Anyone out there to give me a clue? Bettyanne

Bettyanne

Default What happened when she left the hospital?

I am still looking for my Rosetta Brown.b1823 Chenies Bucks. She had her baby taken into the London Foundling Hospital but what I would like to know is where did she go. Her former employer did not want her back and her family had by then disintrigated. Where could she go? Was there a hostel in Lambeth where young women like her could go until they got on their feet again? Was she put into a scheme where she was sent to Canada or Elsewhere does anyone have a bright idea what could have happened to her. I have searched and searched all census BMD rcords and bought several certificates bu just cannot find where she went.

Marie C..

Is this the rosetta brown born to Daniel and ann Brown and baptised Chenies 17 April 1825?
    I cannot seem to see her on the censuses.
    When did she have this baby and how do you know her employer did not want her back. Where was she employed before the baby's birth?
    There are several possibilities. She may have married or emigrated or died or?
    Marie

Bettyanne

Default York Road Hospital to Workhouse?

Does anyone know of records of a workhouse or other institution in the London area where a woman who has been discharged from York Road Hospital, leaving her child with the London Foundling Hospital would be likely to have been admitted to, I understand she had no family or anyone to live with. For many years I have searched Marriage and death records, bought many of both in her name only to find it is not her. Would like to find out what happened. Her name was Rosetta Brown born Chenies Bucks 1825.

Tolly

On the family search . org site i found: Rosetta Brown: christened 17 APR 1825 Chenies, Buckingham, England with parents listed as Daniel Brown and Ann. ref: Batch C063041 1770-1871 source call no. 0952861 printout call no. 6909201

Paul

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Bettyanne had four threads running on Rosetta BROWN.

I have combined these in order to keep all the information together and avoid duplication of research by members trying to help.

Bettyanne

Yes she wasthe Rosetta you mentioned, I think I have explored every avenue. The baby was born in September 1847 and I have correspondence from the London Foundling Hospital when the baby was admitted. Her ex employerstates she would not re employ her after she had the baby Not found a marriage or death certificate yet Have tried several immigration sites. Thanks for your interest

Bettyanne

Yes she was the one

Bettyanne

Well after a very long time I am back to my brickwall. I have a full history of the baby born in 1847 and think it is a pity we know all about him, which his mother never knew, all I can say he had a successful and happy life. Now back to Rosetta. Searching emigration records I have found that a Rose Brown age 23 born 1823- sailed from Liverpool to New York on the 27th May 1848 on a ship named Caleb Grimshaw. Also on this ship was one Mary Brown age 22 born 1826- sailing on 27th May 1848. Rosetta had a sister Mary born about that time, none of these dates of birth or ages are accurate by my records but then did any of them really know the correct birth date. Would like to know if anyone can point me in the direction of finding out more? Thanks a lot.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast