Ardchattan

Default Dunollie Castle - ?new heritage attraction

Catherine Gillies, project officer for Dunollie Castle, is asking for 2 minutes of your time to answer a short survey on your ideas for their project to open up the 1745 house of Dunollie estate as a heritage and local history visitor attraction.

Here is her latest message

Outstanding response to our survey, which shows clearly how enthusiastic people are about our heritage and how much people want to see it preserved and made accessible for local people and visitors. There is still time to take part...
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/82TDW33

to learn more visit www.
    dunollie.org
    I hope lots of you will support this and give Catherine lots of good ideas, we desperately need this to boost our local historical heritage in this area.
    Last edited by Waitabit; 20-10-2010 at 8:53 AM. Reason: asks donations

Ardchattan

hi -- I am not sure I understand the "waitabit" editing note -- sorry, the only thing I am asking for is support for a wee survey, that might make a difference to what visitors can access in our area. We have so little, a few of us are trying to help get more for all of us.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Ardchattan, we are asked to delink any site which asks for donations or sells items. People still have the website to copy/ paste.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

JenniLl

I went onto the site and have completed the survey.
    As both of my sons live in the Highlands we will visit Dunollie and be taking the Grandchildren to learn about their heritage. I am already encouraging them to become interested in their Family History.

Jenni

alliejaye

oooohh i grew up in a town called Dunolly, a man named Campbell McDougall established it as a pastoral run in 1845. He named it after the seat of the McDougall clan, Dunolly Castle in Scotland. Wonder if theres any connection!!

Ardchattan

Quote Originally Posted by alliejaye View Post
    oooohh i grew up in a town called Dunolly, a man named Campbell McDougall established it as a pastoral run in 1845. He named it after the seat of the McDougall clan, Dunolly Castle in Scotland. Wonder if theres any connection!!
    Yes
    This is the same Dunollie.