Cathbr

Default Manchester Connection for John Larkin (1914)

Hi All, My grandfather is listed on his Birth and Baptismal as being born in Holmfield, Wilbraham Road, Manchester. His mother is Catherine Larkin (Domestic Servant) and no father listed. The adoption agency (St Patrick's Guild Dublin ) couldn't offer much more, he was taken to Ireland by his mother as an infant and brought directly to the Guild. It just so happens the Lady who owns the house in Manchester was involved in similar work to the founder of the Guild (Catholic organisation). She was Emily Simon wife of Salis Simon, Member of the Congress of Jewish Women. Does anyone know if there would be records kept of the house/servants or the girls they or she helped? Any tips would be a huge help Cath

Hi I think we are looking for the family connection.��

I'm sorry, but the author of that very old post is no longer a member of this Forum. This is indicated by the tag "guest" under her name. Once someone leaves BG, we are not allowed to retain their contact details.

BTW, I see that this is your first post. Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum. Why not take a look round, and then set up your own query about your people?