Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hogan Tipperary

locallad27

US Passport applications; 1795-1925
    Michael Hogan;( 11/5/1848)wife Ellen; Tipperary
    Father; Dennis Hogan (deceased)
    Resided for 40 years from 1882-1922 New York City, Chicago, Omaha Nebr.
    I intend to leave US from port of NY on ship 'President Arthur' in 1920.
    Passport issued; 15/6/1922
    --------------------------
    Edmund Hogan; b.13/11/1862; Tipperary; Gardner
    Residence; Brooklyn NY
    Passport date; 29/8/1923
    Father; Elby Hogan (deceased)
    Sailed from Queenstown in 1872
    Passport to Ireland for health reasons
    England to visit friends.
    Leave NY 1923.
    --------------------

Michael Hogan; b. 5/10/1869, Tipperary. labourer
    Residence; NY
    Passport issue; 28/6/1924
    Father; John (deceased)
    Spouse; Lizzie Hogan (Offaly)
    Sailed from Cobh 1892
    32 years in NY
    Visit Ireland to visit relatives.
    ------------------------
    Jack

locallad27

1870 US Federal census;
    Hogan Mathew; 30 (b. about 1840) Tipperary. Gas fitter
    Home in 1870; Hartford Ward 5, Connecticut;
    Hogan Ann; 25, Ireland
    Hogan Minnie; 3, Connecticut
    Hogan Willie; 1, Connecticut
    ----------------------------
    Lanarkshire.
    1861 Scot cen;
    Hogan Mary; 32, Tipperary
    Michael; hus; 27, Tipperary. coalminer
    Maryann;dtr; 1, Lank
    -----------------------
    US Naturalization records; 1794-1995
    Hogan Thomas; 2/6/1864. Tipperary. labourer
    Margaret; wife;
    Date of admission; 16/6/1924
    State; Mass.

Hogan John Joseph; 15/11/1879 Tipperary. carbon maker
    Catherine; wife
    Date of admission; 23/4/1917
    State; Mass.
    -------------------
    Jack

locallad27

NSW Australia; Register of Coroners Inquest- 1796-1942
    Hogan Timothy; 39, Tipperary Ireland
    Inquest date, Sydney; 4/1/1887
    Drowned while bathing in Sydney Pacific ocean, George Bay.
    -----------------------------
    Hogan James; 31, Tipperary Ireland
    Date; 20/4/1923
    Apparent suicide.
    ---------------------------------
    Ontario Canada, Deaths-1869-1936 & Deaths overseas. 1939-1947
    Hogan Denis; 88, farmer, Tipperary, old age, 12/8/1869
    -----------
    Hogan Luke; 87, stonemason, Tipperary, old age, 9/7/1887
    -------------------------------------------
    England, Andrews Newspapers cards; 1790-1976
    Hogan; Will James Hogan. b. Ballinulty, Tipperary, Ireland, Mothers name, Margaret Hogan , Fathers name, John Hogan, contact
    undersigned solicitor, for the administrator of the estate of Robert Hogan, Deerpark, Shronell. deceased, to his advantage.
    Kieran T Flynn, Tipperary.

WILL; John Hogan, Ballinderry park, Borrisokane, Tipperary,
    d. 6/1/1923
    Probate; London;
    To Margaret, wife,.
    Effects; £468-15-0 in England
    --------------------
    Jack

sri24fan

Hello Karen. My name is Renee Ivey, I live in Middleburg, Florida just west of Jacksonville. My grandfather was James Marvin Hogan Jr, born September 7, 1928 and died in Dallas, Texas 1994. His dad was James Marvin Hogan, born August 6th, 1884 and was killed in a knife fight in Grayson County, Texas in 1934. His father was Bennett Hogan born in 1882 and died in 1955 in Upshur County, Texas. Bennett's father was Alexander Hogan who was born in 1801 in North Carolina. He died in 1877. Based on what we know, that 6 Hogan brothers came to the US before the Revolutionary War. They were of Scotch/Irish descent and came to North Carolina from Tipperary County Ireland. The men were William, James, Sam, Griffin, Shadwin and Elijah. William, James and Sam went with Daniel Boone to KY. Griffin, Elijah and Shadwin moved to Georgia soon after the turn of the 19th century. These groups of Hogans developed a large clan having many children. They were found moving westward to Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, Texas and Oklahoma. They are now scattered all over the US. They were always moving to new country side and developing the areas. Many ended up with great fortune, some of which was destroyed by the Civil War. From there, we pick up with Alexander Hogan. The most I could find so far was that there is a family plot at Souls Chapel Cemetary in Upshur, Texas. Which you can google and see the cemetary and the few marked graves. We most certainly must be related. My son and I are new to this tonight but have had this information passed to us years ago, we never thought it would lead us here. Looking for anyone to fill in the gaps. We Hogans are very friendly...

Settling in

I have as my great great grandfather, James Hogan, native of Tipperary, tried in Limerick assizes in March 1835 for stealing sheep and transported to Australia on the ship Hive at age ~22. I do not know his parents' or wife's name or where he was born in about 1813. He declared he was married with one child. He was a "tolerable carpenter" according to the convict records. He had done 6 and 1/2 years of his apprenticeship and worked on the Croker estate in Limerick and could make a door, but not a sash. Another researcher has found in the Limerick Chronicle of the day a report of a trial on 11 March 1835, implicating James Jordan, Thomas Hogan, Bridget Hogan and Margaret Ryan in the same crime. However, these people seem to have come on different ships to the carpenter, and their James Hogan, if I am linking them up correctly, was only 15 years old and the son of Thomas Hogan and Margaret Ryan.
    Can anyone shed any light on these Hogans please, especially James the carpenter and the wife and child he left behind?

rellmhog

Hi, I am not to sure where to start, My grandfather was John James Hogan, Born in Alabama USA, His Father was James John Hogan, married to Minnie Hogan (Nee Bradford).. have been told all my life that my Grandfather James John Hogan was From Alabama USA, He had 6 brothers, and came to Australia on A merchant ship the Milwaukee, around 1912 . we know that My great Grandfathers Family were originally from Ireland . After reading some of these letters on here, some of them sound like they may or could be some relation, we have struggled all our lives to find out any other information, and as my father who was the baby passed last November at age 90yrs, and his father passed in Australia in 1935, I am very interested in trying to piece together some more of our lives, we have found a grave site with a John and Minnie's name on it in South Dakota, only recently, and that is being looked into. I have been also told that limerick Ireland is somewhere involved, I am hoping even with this little amount of information someone may be able to help me please.
    Last edited by rellmhog; 14-04-2014 at 2:49 PM. Reason: a wrong Name

S.Hanrahan

Hi Jack,

Just wondering where you got the information from, just joined and looking through this I think James Hogan ( suicide ) was my relation...Many Thanks Susan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12