Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smeulders

Copper

You can tell I am tired, I have forgotten that I can order the marriage certificate. Thanks for reminding me. I will do that and hope that I can make progress.

I think that research in Belgium/Netherlands will be the way to make progress further back.

Knowledgeable and helpful Jellylegs's Avatar

From The National Probate Calendar on Ancestry: SMEULDERS Marie, widow of 17 Pownall Road, Dalton, Middlesex. Died 01.04.1919 at Shoreditch Infirmary Middlesex Administration London 15 May to Frank SMEULDERS Cabinet Maker. Effects £219 7s.

FreeBMD has a death of Mary SMEULDERS age 59 in the June Q 1919 - Shoreditch registration district. Born 1860ish, she could be your chap's mother.

Copper

Hmm now that is interesting. My Petrus Franciscus aka Frank was a cabinet maker. From his age in the 1901 and 1911 census he was born in 1878/9. This Marie might be his mother but she would have been only 18 when she had Frank and he would have probably been the only or eldest child.

I have not found Frank in a census before 1901.

I must search for her in the census now. I think that any little snippet of information will help with this branch.

Thank you Jelly legs.

Copper

Reputation beyond repute

This Marie might be his mother but she would have been only 18 when she had Frank and he would have probably been the only or eldest child.
    Usually it isn't worth getting a copy of the admon because it probably won't tell you any more than you already know.

But if you're puzzled by the calendar entry as you are in this case it may well be worth getting a copy because it may have information about the relationship between the deceased and the administrator.

Copper

I was toying with that idea, that or getting a copy of the death certificate. As she died in an infirmary it is likely that the informant was not a relative.

Copper

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi there, my great grandfather was franciscus pertussis Smeulders, married to Louisa glaesens, they met on the boat coming over from Belgium sometime around 1890s.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12