Titanicfan

Default Ordering Photocopies

Hi all

I have been on the FamilySearch Beta site and I have found lots of baptisms and marriages for my ancestors and I would like to order a photocopy of these. I have just found out which forms to download and print/fax off to the LDS but the only options they have for payment is money order or credit card. Does anyone know how I go about getting a money order as I can't use the credit card option?

Any advice would be most welcomed.

rogtut

Hello Titanicfan

If you're in Middlesex (like me) why you don't go to the LDS Family History Centre in London (opposite the Science Museum in Exhibition Road). They have a large stock of films on site and if you need to order one that's not there they charge £7.50 shipping. You can check in advance if the film is on site via their London website. They charge 20P for a photocopy or 30P to download a record to a memory stick. Alternatively there is no charge to take a digital photo from the film reader screen.

As a bonus they have free access to the major genealogical online websites.

Reputation beyond repute

Or order from the appropriate county record office where you won't have to worry about international payments.

Titanicfan

Unfortunately, I can't get out to the local LDS and it works out a lot cheaper for me to order from the LDS because Southampton Archives will charge me £35 an hour after the free 15 minutes is up!

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Titanicfan, have you seen this page?

wiki.familysearch.org/en/Photoduplication_Services (put https:// in front)

The Post Office used to supply money orders, but I'm not sure if they still do ...