Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    mrsjessss

Sound advice, thankyou. I will look up the marriage and hopefully get the cert. eventually.

birdlip

...and greetings to both of you. I'm near Bega, a bit further south. I left in 1975, but I get to go back all the time on this forum and play on google maps, and in the indexes etc.

Kerrywood and Jan are quite right of course, and these suggestions are only possibilities, you mustn't let me lead you up the garden path.

mrsjessss

It is all helpful and will be filed away for later consultation-you never know.
    I've found 2 George Davies marriages in 1849-In the '51 census he was married to Ellen with a 5 month old daughter-Ann. In both marriages I found a George Davies married an Ellen-one in Great Broughton one in Warrington. Can't find Ann Davies' birth which would be in Oct/Nov 1850, this should give her mother's maiden name.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Hello

The parents of George DAVIES b 1829 are likely to be George b1791 Hollins Green LAncs and his wife Susannah b1791 Barton ( Northwich way?) Cheshire

1841 Pepper Street, shows Susan DANIELS, an error, on the previous page you will find George DAVIES living at Square as a serv.

1851 census H107 2163 120 27 Pepper Street
    has George & Susannah as a couple + Elizabeth b 1831 + William b 1838 George b 1829 is married to Ellen

1861 census has George & Susannah still living on Pepper Street

George may have died 1862 beta.familysearch.org

geneius

Quote Originally Posted by mrsjessss View Post
    It is all helpful and will be filed away for later consultation-you never know.
    I've found 2 George Davies marriages in 1849-In the '51 census he was married to Ellen with a 5 month old daughter-Ann. In both marriages I found a George Davies married an Ellen-one in Great Broughton one in Warrington. Can't find Ann Davies' birth which would be in Oct/Nov 1850, this should give her mother's maiden name.
    The marriage is probably 1849 at St Elphins Warrington ,( Cross ref ) 16/09/1849 try for the Parish register entry, a lot cheaper then the marriage cert Ellen BARKER

( pre www.)
    chehirebmd.org.uk
    familysearch.org

Ann DAVIES 3 listed on Cheshirebmd, she may have been born late Nov/Dec and not reg until the Jan /Mar 1851 quarter

mrsjessss

Sent of to Warrington R.O. for the marriage cert. of George Davies and Ellen Barker 1849. Georges father is also George a labourer. They lived at Hollin Green so that fits with George Davies who was born there in 1791.

mrsjessss

Still a bit confused over Susan Daniel, should that read Susan Davies?? Was George b.1791 married to Elizabeth first and later married Susan Daniel or was he always married to Susan/Susannah???

Hello

You may need to invest in William DAVIES birth cert b 1838 Lymm see Cheshirebmd...BUT I cannot find him on the 1841 census this will tell you who his mother!

The 1851 entry desc him as the Son to the head of the household, he could be Susan's stepson!

She could of course be Elizabeth Susan!

There is a death entry on Cheshirebmd for Susan DAVIES 1865 Lymm and on a Sunnah DAVIES beta.familysearch.org indicating a burial 13/08/1865 Lymm.

mrsjessss

On Cheshire BMD I found a William Davies b.Lymm 1839.
    I also found on Ancestry Baptism William Davies Runcorn 04/06/1837. parents George and Susannah!
    Couldn't find the birth on there.
    Neither of these dates matches his age on the census.
    Where do I go now?

Janet.

mrsjessss

Just found a William Davies aged 3 in the 1841 census. In Hartford a few miles from Lymm. At the home of a young couple with baby. Surname Mitchell.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast