wendy lou

Unhappy Looking for a Birth or Baptism record

I have just recently obtained a marriage certificate for my Great Great Grandparents William Hollis and Elizabeth Snidall but as they appear to have been born before Official Registration I was wondering if any one can assist me in locating eith a birth or a baptism record for each of them. According to various census records William Hollis was born about 1834 in Handsworth Yorkshire and Elizabeth Snidall was born about 1831 in Swallows Nest Derby although they married in Whiston, Yorkshire in 1856. According to the marriage certificate William's father is George Hollis a Labourer and Elizabeth's father is James Snidall a Cutler.
    Any guidance of information in relation to my request will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
    Wendylou

Jan1954

Hello Wendylou,

There is an extracted record on the Family Search website for the baptism of a William HALLYS on 30 January 1835 in Handsworth to parents George and Rachel. This might be a transcription error of the surname spelling as there is also a baptism for a George HOLLIS on 31 August 1838 to the same parents.

It would be worth ordering the film from your nearest family history centre to have a peruse. Batch C109321 refers.

Unable to find Elizabeth from Derbyshire, but there is a baptism for an Elizabeth SNIDALL in Aston, Yorkshire on 18 December 1831, also on Family Search and again an extracted record. Her parents are James and Fanny. Again, order the film to check what is there: C106231

wendy lou

Thanks Jan1954,

So speedy a response. Absolutely amazing. I will certainly arrange to look at the films at a family history centre first chance I get.

Thank you again.

Reputation beyond repute

there is a baptism for an Elizabeth SNIDALL in Aston, Yorkshire
    There was indeed a Swallownest (or Swallow Nest) in the parish of Aston WRY

https://www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS...ton/index.html

Definitely worth obtaining the film(s), I would think.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thank you so much Peter for the information you provided. I have not been able to access this site for quite awhile. I apologise for the delay in responding.