Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 28 Date street?

M E Hughes

Hi Zac

Are you on Facebook? I'd be happy to share all I have with you. Aunty Jo was a fantastic woman & I so regret losing touch with her.

Matt

M E Hughes

Zac

I've sent you a private message

Matt

My great Grandparents the Hardman family lived at 14 Date Street in 1911. Not sure when they moved. Would you know if there is anywhere I can see pictures of the street or house, thanks

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Ruth,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

I don't know much about Liverpool nor the surrounding places, but on a general basis I would advise trying the local Archives or library first.
    https://liverpool.gov.uk/libraries/a...amily-history/

There's a 'contact us' link for you to ask your query, before visiting in person is necessary. Luckily you haven't got far to travel.

Usually, if those sort of places can't help you they know someone, somewhere, who can.

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

I've tried my usual google search "old photos date street seaforth" and substituting "date street" for roads nearby but it hasn't produced much - a picture of the rail station and the Seaforth Arms Hotel around the early 20th century.

I took a tour of the area using streetview - a few traces of School Lane. This side by side map allows you to see where Date Lane runs on a modern map -
    https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/side...&right=BingHyb

Note - the URL is correct but is not returning the required screen. Have to dash - will fix later
    Apologies.
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"

Thank you very much, ruth

I am wondering if we share the same Great Grandfather, mine was Joseph Hardman and I think looking at the
    1911 census he and his family lived in 14 Date Street at that time, his daughter Mary being my Grandmother.
    Hoping you dont mind me asking the question.

M E Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by ruth Jones View Post
    My great Grandparents the Hardman family lived at 14 Date Street in 1911. Not sure when they moved. Would you know if there is anywhere I can see pictures of the street or house, thanks
    Hi Ruth

There is an old photo of Date Street in the Waterloo & Seaforth Past & Present Facebook group.

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by M E Hughes View Post
    Hi Ruth

There is an old photo of Date Street in the Waterloo & Seaforth Past & Present Facebook group.

Cheers
    Matt
    Thanks Matt, I'll check it out.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

We must be related Thughes! I suspect you're a direct relation of Polly Hughes. She was my grandmother ( Ann jane)'s sister. I think finding your comment on here has solved the mystery of why Nin ( Janey) put 14 Date Street as her address on her marriage certificate. I hope you see this comment. Bx
    Last edited by BEdwards; 17-02-2022 at 2:37 PM. Reason: To add name of person I'm commenting to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast