Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 28 Date street?

lisabyard

Default 28 Date street?

hi.

I am looking to locate where date street was is 1891.

I have Joseph Mutch on the 1891 census .

Joseph Mutch 35 head
    Elizabeth Mutch 28 wife
    John G Mutch 5 mo son

RG12/ 2986

and again in 1901
    Joseph H Mutch 45
    Elizabeth Mutch 37
    Gordon Mutch 10 (john G from above)
    Elizabeth Mutch 9
    Joseph Mutch 6
    Reginald Mutch 4
    Martha Mutch 76
    Alfred Mutch 36

RG13/3443

i at first thoiught it was DALE street, but upon closer inspection i now think its dale street.
    howver i can not locat either DALE street or DATE street in the corresct area..seaforth.

any help would be much apreciated. thanks

Reputation beyond repute

There appears to have been a Dale Street and a Date Street. See https://yourarchives.nationalarchives...reet_Index_C-F

Perusal of the census should clarify the position so far as your family is concerned.

If I were you I would bookmark the following page -
    https://yourarchives.nationalarchives...treet_searches

Reputation beyond repute

Hmmm. There's more to it than that isn't there? Your family is in the West Derby registration district.

I'll leave you to look it up using the URL I gave you. Your family is in Seaforth where the street is listed as Date Street. There is also a Dale Street but that is in Garston.

The full reference for the Mutch family is RG 12/2986 f 55 p 42

This is the URL for West Derby streets C-F - https://yourarchives.nationalarchives...reet_Index_C-F

lisabyard

thankyou very much , i will take a look.

so grateful

Valued member of Brit-Gen barbara lee's Avatar

I have an old A-Z of Liverpool, from about the 1960s, before they started pulling everything down. The only Date Street is the one in Seaforth, around the back of Seaforth-and-Litherland station. It isn't there any more, sadly, although some of the nearby streets appear to have survived.

THughes

As it happens I was born at 14 Date Street, Seaforth, and have tracked my Mothers family back to this address to the 1911 census. I believe my Great Great grandfather rented the terrace house from the 1890's.

We moved from the address in the mid 1960's when the street was demolished. I attended the local Catholic School, Star of the Sea. The house's were terraced, with a rear yard, which contained the outside toilet. I was about 6 years of age when we moved. I had ahappy childhood and I remember the was loads of kids, and we played all day long in date street.

M E Hughes

My father (Edward George Hoare) and his parents (George Edward Hoare and Agnes Elizabeth Hughes) lived at 26 Date St Seaforth before migrating to Australia in 1927. Does anyone recognise these names?

https://old-maps.co.uk/index.html

click on link, enter coordinates 333412 396850
    when maps loaded, click on 1908 map to load in main window
    when loaded, click on main window to "zoom"

Zac Morgan

Default Grandson of Agnes Josephine

Quote Originally Posted by M E Hughes View Post
    My father (Edward George Hoare) and his parents (George Edward Hoare and Agnes Elizabeth Hughes) lived at 26 Date St Seaforth before migrating to Australia in 1927. Does anyone recognise these names?
    Hi there, Agnes Hughes was my great grandmother. Agnes Hoare nee Morgan was my nan. Her son David is my dad. I am doing a bit of research on your nan. Cheers.

Ken_R

'Shoalhaven heads'? I had to look that one up.

Welcome.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast