Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Loves to help with queries

Question 1861 CENSUS LOOK-UP PLEASE

Could some kind person look up on the 1861 and 1871 Census. I'm trying to track down my great-grandmother Sarah Kelly who was living in Manchester in 1873 when she married and appears on 1911 census but was born in Queens County (Laois) Ireland in 1853. Father's name Michael. I'm trying to find where she was living before marriage and when and where she died.

Any help appreciated.

georgiep

Hi Daisy
    Please can you give us some more info from marriage cert?
    What was her married name, occupation of father Michael, witnesses.
    Addresses when she married.
    She may have just come over from Ireland?
    Thank you
    georgiep

Yes, I know a little more. She married William Mather in Manchester Cathedral 6 June 1873. I have the marriage certificate which shows her living at the same address William and Dinah Foy.
    I'm trying to find out if she had just arrived or did she come earlier with her family.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by daisynook View Post
    Could some kind person look up on the 1861 and 1871 Census. I'm trying to track down my great-grandmother Sarah Kelly who was living in Manchester in 1873 when she married and appears on 1911 census but was born in Queens County (Laois) Ireland in 1853. Father's name Michael. I'm trying to find where she was living before marriage and when and where she died.

Any help appreciated.
    As this new thread today was a continuation of an earlier query, I have merged the two threads to keep all the information on one thread.

I have also retitled the thread to reflect the subject.
    Last edited by AdeleE; 04-11-2010 at 10:51 AM. Reason: added a bit

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    As this new thread today was a continuation of an earlier query, I have merged the two threads to keep all the information on one thread.

I have also retitled the thread to reflect the subject.
    Sorry I still missed a bit - that the address Sarah and William were at before the marriage was 50 Upper Baxter Street, Hulme, Manchester. Father Michael was named as a bricklayer and witnesses look like William and Dinah Foy or Foey.
    Last edited by daisynook; 04-11-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: missed some words out

Question In Prison

Still searching for any leads on my great-grandmother Sarah Kelly born 1853 in Queens Co, I came across a Sarah Kelly with father named Michael in prison in 1853. The entry doesn't say birth it just says 'other'. There are many many Sarah Kelly's born around this time with fathers named Michael and as I don't know her mother's name I'm grasping at straws to try to pin down which one she is. Could anyone throw any light on this?

locallad27

Directory of Irish born people and resident in the Manchester in the 1861 census
    Volume 1; Ancoats sub-district;
    has only one; Sarah Kelly-mother-in-law, widow, 60
    9 Lower Ormond st
    57-ed25/rg9/2881
    ------
    Volume 4;

Sarah Kelly- sister, single, 28-dressmaker
    16 Gormen st
    78-ed4-rg9/2927
    -----
    No place of birth given.
    =======
    Jack
    www.genealogylaois.com

Default Sarah Kelly

Thanks very much for the suggestion. I don't think this is my Sarah as if her dob is right she would have only been 8 yrs old in 1861 but I will keep this information in case anything confirms a different dob.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123