hereford brian

Default Ann Bevan born 1853 Llangunidar

I have been trying to tie this womens parents down for 3 years.
    I have a marriage certificate for june 1876 which states age 23 , place of birth Llangunidar, fathers name John (deceased).
    An old family bible has an entry for Ann giving date of birth dec 16 1853
    She married a george williams and they lived in Ewyas Harold Herefordshire, where she had 12 children.
    If anyone can prove Ann 's parentage I would be grateful, espicially if they can tie John to a brother Hugh.

Regards Brian
    Last edited by hereford brian; 29-08-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: wrong date given

Reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you shouldn't be giving too much credence to the family bible and could consider other possibilities such as...

Births Dec 1852 Bevan Ann Crickhowell 11b 117

which is at least more consistent with the age given on the marriage certificate.

hereford brian

Thanks - it is possible the family mis calculated when filling in the bible. If the birth entry you give is correct it will match the marriage certificate.
    Do you know where they keep records for that area ?

Reputation beyond repute

Do you know where they keep records for that area ?
    The reference I quoted is for ordering from GRO.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/c...es/default.asp

Llangunydir is within the registration area for Crickhowell.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

WilliamBlevins

Brian,
    I come from the American Blevins clan, with an early pioneer and Revolutionary heritage in and around present day Tennessee. However, I have been to Wales several times and my particular affinity and interest is in our Welsh pre-immigration heritage. As such, I am starting a research project in Wales on all the versions of the Blevins/Bleddyn name. This may be a longshot but the Bevan name may be another variation.. and so, are you aware of any such connection? Hope to hear from you.
    Bill Blevins
    Last edited by WilliamBlevins; 26-08-2012 at 8:30 PM. Reason: forgot to sign