Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My thanks Eve for the link to the Crawcour and Barczinsky. As you may know from my early posts on Moses Angel aka Angel Moses who became Headmaster of the Jew's Free School in London my Crawcour married into his line via Rebecca Godfrey- her mother was a Crawcour. Moses Angel was also a very close friend of Moses Crawcour as his will shows.

Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Default Fanny Crawcour in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    By 1871 Fanny was living in Scotland-
    Scotland Census 1871
    (Copyright, Scottish NA)

Phillip
    Phillip, any idea why Fanny went to Scotland? Were any of her children there?

I have made this note to myself re her daughter Martha -does it make any sense to you?
    < Martha is identified as married to a Samuel Lazarus and dying in Glasgow (see below), died 1870. In 1871 she is with her sister Eliza at the school in Kent; her mother and two other sisters are settled in Glasgow. It is thus possible that she also moved up there and married there, but I've found no evidence of Samuel Lazarus.
    Must be confusing two Martha Crawcours as Fanny's daughter was with her sister in Kent in the 1871 census.

(Found on internet
    Birth: January 29, 1825
    Norwich, Norfolk, England, United Kingdom
    Death: April 1, 1870 (45)
    Glasgow, Glasgow City, Scotland, United Kingdom
    Immediate Family:
    Daughter of Barnett Crawcour and Fanny Crawcour
    Wife of Samuel Lazarus
    Sister of Fanny Crawcour; Hannah Simons; Eliza Barczinsky; Emma Esther Simons; Rebecca Aschenbach and 5 others
    Half sister of Isaac Henry Crawcour and Anne Alexander
    Added by: M K on March 1, 2014
    Managed by: M K

https://www.geni.com/people/Martha-L...00025084514113

No response to my posted message to contributor.>

Phillip, Does Samuel Lazarus in Glasgow, named as Martha's husband above, mean anything to you?

Eve

Eve
    See the early threads I wrote Reuben Alexander and Anne Crawcour 13.11.2009; Benjamin Simons-Hannah Crawcour 9.7.2010

Martha Crawcour died in 1870 unmarried ( I will re-read my records).
    Rachel Alexander daughter of Reuben Alexander and Anne Crawcour married Samuel Lazarus Sept 1877. Rachel died 06/1916 Thanet Kent. She was born 4 Jan 1840 Chatham Kent.
    Samuel and Rachel plus their son Reuben Alexander Lazarus b 1879 Ramsgate Kent can be seen in the census records living at 21 King Street Ramsgate Kent in 1881 and then later at 75 King Street. Samuel was a pawnbroker in 1881 and by 1911 silversmith and gold dealer.

If you look at the Benjamin Simons-Hannah Crawcour thread you can see that Fanny Crawcour moved to Glasgow to be near her daughters.

I would strongly advise ignoring much of the data on my Crawcour unless it is based on accurate data.

Let me know if you need any other data.

Phillip

Eve
    I know you have at least one of the Doreen Berger volumes but for clarity and for other distant relatives here is the entry for the death of Martha Crawcour in 1870:
    Death 1.4.1870 at the residence of her brother in law ( Mr S BARCZINSKY), May House Gravesend. Martha, sixth daughter of the late BARNETT CRAWCOUR, of Norwich- Berger has cross referenced and cited Mrs B Crawcour mother;Mrs Reuben Alexander sister,Misses Crawcour sisters,Hanna SIMONS nee Crawcour sister,Benjamin Simons brother in law, Sara BARCZINSKY nee Crawcour sister,Bernard Barczinsky brother in law, S Barczinsky brother in law
    The Jewish Victorian Genealogical Information from the Jewish Newspapers 1861-70 edited and transcribed by Doreen Berger 2004 Publisher Robert Boyd

Phillip

Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by phillip View Post
    Eve
    See the early threads I wrote Reuben Alexander and Anne Crawcour 13.11.2009; Benjamin Simons-Hannah Crawcour 9.7.2010

Martha Crawcour died in 1870 unmarried ( I will re-read my records).
    Rachel Alexander daughter of Reuben Alexander and Anne Crawcour married Samuel Lazarus Sept 1877. Rachel died 06/1916 Thanet Kent. She was born 4 Jan 1840 Chatham Kent.
    Samuel and Rachel plus their son Reuben Alexander Lazarus b 1879 Ramsgate Kent can be seen in the census records living at 21 King Street Ramsgate Kent in 1881 and then later at 75 King Street. Samuel was a pawnbroker in 1881 and by 1911 silversmith and gold dealer.

If you look at the Benjamin Simons-Hannah Crawcour thread you can see that Fanny Crawcour moved to Glasgow to be near her daughters.

I would strongly advise ignoring much of the data on my Crawcour unless it is based on accurate data.

Let me know if you need any other data.

Phillip
    Thanks, Phillip. I don't have any strong connection to the Crawcours, but I think some people I had been researching turned up at their school. Also, I've been tracing LAZARUS connections in Glasgow and came across the reference to Martha Crawcour being married to one. Clearly a muddle of data. I doubt this Samuel Lazarus will be one of 'mine' as by the 1880s they'd generally left off being pawnbrokers or gold/silversmiths. But I'll check him out just to be sure.

Eve

Default BARNETT CRAWCOUR ARTICLE-CEMETERY SCRIBES

I have written an article on Barnett Crawcour my 4 x great uncle. This article appears on Cemetery Scribes Blog and added this week. The article provides an overview on the parents of Barnett, his marriages, siblings and children.
    In the article I have added information on Barnett's role in the Norwich Synagogue, his court case, accident and burial. Further information is provided on his second wife and her move to Scotland.
    I have looked critically at the the role of Barnett in the promotion of amalgam.
    Phillip-Jewish,British Ancestry

"The only true dead are those who have been forgotten"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12