tlcompton

Default Pitt family of Michaelchurch Eskley & Clodock

I am seeking information on a David Pitt of Michaelchurch Eskley, Herefordshire who married a Mary (maiden name unknown). They had the following children: Jane (1742), David (1744), Thomas (1747), Sarah (1748), Hannah (1750), William (1751), Elizabeth (1753), Samuel (1754), and Ann (1757). Son Thomas married Ann Roberry and later generations lived in Clodock and St. Margaret's parishes in addition to Michaelchurch.

A fountain of knowledge

Ewyas Harold is where ALL the children were born and christened
    Ann 4th dec 1758
    Sarah 17th July 1748
    thomas 24th may 1747
    William 29th dec 1751
    Eliza 4th march 1753
    David 16th sep 1744
    Samuel Pitt christened 21st july 1754 at Ewyas-Harold , Herefordshire......parents David and M ary (this is how they should all read )
    Jane 29th nov 1742
    John 31st march 1746
    sorry they are not in date order , but this is how they appear on Record Pilot.........so....should we be looking for a marriage in
    Ewyas Harold, Herefordshire ?...maybe this is where Mary was from ?
    allan
    added...I have just noticed Hannah is not on record pilot ??

janbooth

There is no marriage on the Herefordshire FHS Marriage Index for a David PIT(T) to a Mary prior to 1742. In fact the earliest marriage for a David PITT is on 28 December 1808 at Clodock to a Frances WILLIAMS of Michel Troyman followed by another for David PITT at Clodock on 7 August 1811 to a Mary LEWIS.

There is a burial record on the Burial Index 1800-37 of a David PITT on 19 September 1819 of St Margaret Michaelchurch Ecsley, aged 19.

Sorry not to be of more help.

Janet

tlcompton

Jan, Thanks for the information you sent. You mentioned something about "record pilot"--what is that?

Also since doing this posting I have found a bit more information on David Pitt. In Lord Abergavenny's estate papers there's reference to a Sarah, mother of David Pitt and grandmother of Samuel and Sarah Saunders [the three lives], wife of Thomas Christopher in 1736/37. Sarah Prosser, widow, and Thomas Christopher marry at Michaelchurch Eskley 7 Feb 1736. She dies in 1741. And I found a possible burial for David Pitt in 1786. Sarah is also mentioned in land papers for a Thomas and Elizabeth Prichard as one of three lives but her connection to that couple not identified.

janbooth

I think the "Record Pilot" Garstonite mentioned is probably the IGI Family Search site.

Janet