Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Valued member of Brit-Gen

I've been with aol for 7 years, with various versions of the software , and never had any trouble with any attatchments either sending or opening ones sent

busyglen

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Grant-Salmon View Post
    Glenys,

Long time no see ...... but I don't have as much time these days as I used to, to spend on the computer. I do manage to pop in at least once a day to read what's going on, but I only post messages rarely these days. However, today I was really stuck and needed help with something, from all you lovely lot!

I think you've misunderstood a little though - my contact does exactly the same as you, he sends .jpg files to me as attachments and I receive them and save them with no problems. It's when I send attachments to him that the trouble arose ....... he told me that there are no files in my emails for him to save. He could only view them in the body of the email.

Anyway, I phoned him today and told him to right click on the image itself in the email, as I was told by my Knight in Shining Armour, in the first reply to my original message. You will be pleased to know that he told me it worked and he has now saved the photos to his computer. Take care and special greetings to all the 'old' members on here, whose names and nicknames I still remember.
    Hi Diane, Sorry, I did misunderstand what you were saying! I think it's an age thing!! Glad it is now sorted.

Glenys

Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Yes, Peter ..... you hit the nail on the head there, it's the second option! This has also been confirmed by Mike's reply, (thank you Mike) so it is a pity that some people don't know how their own basic stuff like this works.

Anyway, it's all sorted out now thank goodness and at least I'll be able to remember what to tell them to do in future, if ever I get any more contacts from aol.com users, who have the same problem.
    Good luck with your research everybody!

Scared of spiders but fond of frogs!

Hi Glenys,

Your message wasn't there when I started typing, so it must be my age which slows down the old fingers ...... therefore we are members of the same club again!
    Good luck with your research everybody!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12