Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Name well known on Brit-Gen

Default George Barrett Davies?

In 1917 George Barrett Davies b. 1895 married May Cordelia MArtin in Lewisham. He was on active service. An Ancestry 'tree' which I now can't find, suggested that May Cordelia went USA or Canada sometime after that. Georges Father is listed as Edward Davies.
    Ancestry brings up only one such George Barrett Davies,hidden from me because I don't have USA sub.'Other listed as J.E.DAvies.

Canada attestment papers give George Barrett Davies Brother J.E.Davies b.1895 Londonderry nova Scotia Canada.

Name: DAVIES, GEORGE BARRETT Rank: CPT
    Reference: RG 150, Accession 1992-93/166, Box 2342 - 10Date of Birth: 08/08/1895.

I've tried the names in 1901/1911 Nova Scotia census with no results.

Can anyone help me to find more info on this couple please? Did they settle in Canada? If so where,& did they have Family?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

hello
    Canadian Passenger list 1865 1935

May C Davies
    Birth: abt 1894
    Departure: Liverpool, England
    Arrival: 12 May 1919 - Quebec

Any good?

geneius

Border Crossings Canada USA 1895 - 1956

May Cordelie Davies
    Birth: abt 1895 - England
    Arrival: 26 Jun 1941 - Anacortes, Washington, USA

Hell W.....

Had my t

Canadian Soldiers of the First World War 1914 - 1918
    George Barrett Davies
    Other: J E Davies
    Birth: 8 Aug 1895 - Londonderry, Nova Scotia, Canada
    Residence: Alberta Foundry & Machine Co, Madicine Hat, Alta, Canada

British Columbia Death Index 1872 - 1979
    George Barrett Davies
    Birth abt 1895 - Death 29 Sep 1977 - Victoria

this is flyleaf info .....not gone in to actual census

1901 Arcadia Mines Colchester Nova Scotia
    page 7 family no 58

DAVIS Edward 56 widowed 10/02/1845 Birth place NS: racial or tribal Scotch ( Scottish) :Nationality Canadian: Farmer
    DAVIS Bessie 26 single 08/01/1875 Birth place NS; dau
    DAVIS Edward J 26 single 17/10/1879 Birth place NS; son clerk
    DAVIS Edna 15 15/10/1885 Birth place NS; dau
    DAVIS George 5 18/08/1895 Birth place NS; son Canadian NS Presbyterian

1911 census Vancover
    15 104

District 62 desc
    West Vancouver, Hollyburn, Britannia Beach, Squamish, Newport, Brackendale, Britannia Mine, Caulfields, Capilano, Hollywood, Eagle Harbour

George DAVIS b NS tribal Scotch

job it appears to be a logging camp as most of the job desc are loggers, BUT GD has a different job and I cannot read ( those rose tinted specs again!) looks like stelgangs

Tree found, pm'd you

geneius

Oh wow! how good is that? I feel I know them so well, I could pop in for a visit. I won't however as my calendar fell off the wall & I don't know if I'm coming or going! I'm saving pennies (maybe not sense) to possibly increase my sub. to stretch further across waters.Have a couple of months left to do so.
    Many thanks.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Jellylegs, thank you!
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

George Barrett Davies was my paternal grandfather and was born in Londonderry, Nova Scotia. At the age of 11 he headed west after the sudden death of his father with his older brother and they first resided in Medicine Hat Alberta. Later my grandfather moved to Lethbridge and ran the Lethbridge Iron Works Co Ltd (established 1898). When my father, George Barrett Davies took over the running of this foundry my Grandfather moved to Victoria, B.C. and that is where he lived until he died.
    I wondered your connection to the Davies family?

Hi Sharon ,welcome in. Very nice to see you here. It must be a Canadian custom to find old posts & join in. Similar happened with another of my Martin line some years ago & I 'met' some beautiful people in Ontario.

George B.Davies met & married my 2nd cousin [x 1 removed] in England. Marriage-25 Aug. 1917 at St.Silas Church in Lewisham an area in S.E. London. a Google will give you an idea. Hence George is the husband of my 2nd cousin.
    I was able to meet via Ancestry the G'dtr of May's sister. We still chat on F.Book occasionally.

I have several items from Lethbridge & Medicine Hat newspapers from about 4 yrs ago. via Ancestry.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum. Since losing my mother suddenly I have been searching my ancestry and finding out amazing things. I haven't been able to find out much about my Grandmother May Cordelia Davies and wondered about getting in touch with any of her direct relatives? I don't know anything about her family except that her parents were Edward Charles Martin and her mother's name was Mary Anne. I am trying to find out more and wondered if you have any more information on this side of my family? I do know she had a brother Sidney Martin who also resided in Victoria and remember my Mom and Dad calling them Uncle Sid and Aunt Anne. My cousin Elaine Davies who lives in Victoria knew them and has been able to add them to the family tree. Any more information on my Grandmother and her family tree would be much appreciated. As you mentioned in the post above you have chatted with the granddaughter of May Cordelia's sister.....I wondered how many brother and sister's she had? Perhaps, you could put me in touch with the G'dtr of May's sister? My husband and I just returned from the Maritimes where I visited Londonderry, Nova Scotia and the grave of my Grandad Davies parents. They went by the name of Davis (Edward John Davis and Mary Elizabeth Davis (Neil). Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast