Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rasmusseneric

Default Death Date for Michael Joseph Gallagher

Does anyone know the date of the death of the above. Michael was born in 1890 and married Isabel Annie Wilford in 1918. He was a doctor in Mackay, Queensland Australia
    Last edited by AdeleE; 17-07-2010 at 12:37 AM. Reason: as requested, changed date of marriage.

Brick wall demolition expert!

Quote Originally Posted by rasmusseneric View Post
    I am trying to help my grand-daughter flesh out her Mother's families for five generations.

Can anyone help with earlier members and some dates?

Thanks
    Hello Eric,

I have merged your new query regarding the death of Michael Joseph Gallagher born c1890 with your original thread that asked for dates of earlier members of the Gallagher family. Your new query now appears as post #11 on this thread.

I've done this so that forum members do not duplicate research, as often happens when the same family is being researched on two different threads.

rasmusseneric

Hi AdeleE
    Please change the date of the marriage from 1981 to 1918

Eric

Brick wall demolition expert!

As requested, now changed. Good luck with your research!

Hugh Thompson

Eric, there was a Michael Joseph Gallagher who established the Kedron Tannery In 1887, was he any relation to your family?
    Hugh.

MalcolmMargetts

Hi rasmusseneric,

I am researching margetts worldwide.
    I have Margaret Dell Margetts born c1927 Australia but I don't know who her parents are.
    She immigrated to England in 1951 on the SS Maloja & returned to Australia in 1953 on the Himalaya.
    She is recorded as a Physiotherapist
    In the 1949 Electoral Roll she is living at 128 Bridge St, Wooloowin, Petrie, Windsor, Queensland, Australia.

Can you help?

You can contact me direct on m.e.m AT btinternet DOT com

Regards,

Malcolm
    Last edited by Jan1954; 17-07-2010 at 4:48 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to foil the spammers

rasmusseneric

Hi Malcolm,

Yes, I can help a little

Dell's daughter, Margot, married my son in 1986.

Dell was born in 1927 and died in 1998. She married a Michael Joseph Gallagher c1958 and had four children of which Margot is the eldest.

Dell's parents were Andrew Margetts b1889 died ? and Winifred Wockner 1889 - 1993.

Andrew's parents were Andrew M and Catherine Cameron Turner. Dates unknown to me.

I will contact Margot and see if she wants to carry on where I left off.

Eric

rasmusseneric

Hi Hugh,

I don't think so. My connection to the Gallagher family is through my son. Unfortunately, my daughter-in-law's father has passed on.
    I think I have enough info for my Grand-daughter to complete her assignment.
    Thanks for all your help!

Eric

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Story of Michael in Brisbane

I am trying to help my grand-daughter flesh out her Mother's families for five generations.
    Her Mother, born 1959, married my son, in 1986
    Her Grandfather, Micheal Joseph was born in 1919 in Queensland and died in 2009. He was a medico. His Dad was also Michael Joseph and a doctor in Mackay Queensland Australia
    Her Grandmother, Margaret Dell Margetts was born in 1929 and died in 1998.

Can anyone help with earlier members and some dates?

Thanks
    https://blogs.archives.qld.gov.au/20...ckham-terrace/

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Doctor Joe was out family doctor in Mackay

Hi Hugh,

I don't think so. My connection to the Gallagher family is through my son. Unfortunately, my daughter-in-law's father has passed on.
    I think I have enough info for my Grand-daughter to complete her assignment.
    Thanks for all your help!

Eric
    The Gallagher family were very well love in the city of Mackay Queensland Australia Doctor Joe was our family doctor and in fact was at my wedding in 1966 they had a lot of tragic events in the family Doctor Joe's first wife Isabel Annie Wilford died very young she just had her third child when the screen fell and she tried to hold it this was at the Mater Hospital where her husband Joe was a working they could not stop the bleeding and she passed away her grave is in the Mackay cemetery and which you can see on the Mackay cemetery site with her gravestone. DR Joe went on to get married again to a top nurse who was in the war she was a lovely and highly decorated for her work in the second world war they had two sons I know one was also a doctor not sure of the other, as you know by the report I posted doctor Micheal was shot in 1955 and almost died for his injuries I can remember us all praying for his recovery in Mackay.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12