Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Famous for offering help & advice

Question OR Gloucestershire or Worcestershire???

Which do I really want?

I have been looking at a map of The Forest of Dean on the website of the same name as I am searching their online parish registars.. I am truly confused. I am trying to search Elizabeth Morgan, born c 1839 in according Free BMD Ross (Glos Westbury) Herefordshire. Parents unknown..
    Her marriage to Joseph Prince, from Wanstrow Somerset is registered in the first quarter of 1865 Vol 6a pg. 635 District-Ross
    County-Gloucestershire,Herefordshire, Hereford and Worcester...

Help..! Where I do look for further information? Is The Forset of Dean website going to be able to help me ( if they have the parish I need online) or can I "not see the forest for the trees"?

Sue

Name well known on Brit-Gen

I must stop clicking myself off from the 'net mid sentence. Was reaching for a 'note' on desktop & 'kablooey!'

Sue, Pilotsearch have an Elizabeth Morgan Christened 8th Sep. 1844 at Ross Hereford. Father is Thomas & Mother is Elizabeth. batch no. C1356-7

Any good?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Happy Families
    Wendy

Thanks Wendy...
    The pm'd site is the one I have been searching on.... just wondering about borders! It is a great site with lots of lovely pictures, just don't know if any rellies are there!
    I keep forgetting about the pilot search! Duh! Its bedtime ..just waiting on some blankets to finish washing and then I will hang them on the line for an early morning start! Tomorrow will be another scorcher so they will dry quickly.
    I'll let you know how I make out and I will try the other site as well.

Good night! Or.. in your case I guess its Good Afternoon!

Sue

Give me a minute. I've just put on a slowcooker dinner & am now about to have lunch. Time never did waitforme!
    You have abetter drying day than we have heere but it'll happen eventually. Sleep well.
    Happy Families
    Wendy

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y View Post
    Which do I really want?

I have been looking at a map of The Forest of Dean on the website of the same name as I am searching their online parish registars.. I am truly confused. I am trying to search Elizabeth Morgan, born c 1839 in according Free BMD Ross (Glos Westbury) Herefordshire. Parents unknown..
    Her marriage to Joseph Prince, from Wanstrow Somerset is registered in the first quarter of 1865 Vol 6a pg. 635 District-Ross
    County-Gloucestershire,Herefordshire, Hereford and Worchester...

Help..! Where I do look for further information? Is The Forset of Dean website going to be able to help me ( if they have the parish I need online) or can I "not see the forest for the trees"?

Sue
    I would suggest that you order the two certificates to which you allude. They would clear up the question of who her parents were and where she was born, as well as where exactly she married.

Ross registration district is Herefordshire, not Worcestershire.

Further to this... still haven't ordered certificates..(no money left from Christmas!) Where is BETERE? Want to see if I am tracking the right family!

Sue

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by susan-y
    Where is BETERE?
    Never heard of it, is this a place name from somewhere?

Is it perhaps Ancestry's transcription of the place of birth of Elizabeth PRINCE in 1871?

RG10/2600 folio 46 page 1 (reference to record held by TNA)

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrywood View Post
    Is it perhaps Ancestry's transcription of the place of birth of Elizabeth PRINCE in 1871?

RG10/2600 folio 46 page 1 (reference to record held by TNA)
    Yes.

When looking at the original it could be Belire.. Is there such a place in Herefordshire? All I can find is an article about Belire Boxers.. ( the dog)! Don't know if that's where the dog is from, or the name of variety of the breed.

Sue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast