hedwig

Default McDonald or McDonnell

I am looking for information about Margaret McDonald (or McDonnell), born ap. 2 Feb. 1884 in or near Carrickmacross, Monaghan County, Ireland. Her parents' names possibly were Joseph McDonald/McDonnell and Bridget or Bridie Lambe. She had at least one sister (Anne or Anna), and at least one brother (Patrick), though there could have been more siblings. She emigrated (immigrated?) to the U.S. in ap. 1901, and a friend of hers named Mary McGough (sp?) went with her. Thanks.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Are you familiar with a tree on Ancestry for a Margaret McDonald? b.about 1883.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

hedwig

Quote Originally Posted by Waitabit View Post
    Are you familiar with a tree on Ancestry for a Margaret McDonald? b.about 1883.
    I have a tree on ancestry.com, with Margaret McDonald on it. If it's not the same one, do you have a title for the tree you are referring to? Thanks.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

It took some time to find the same Family Tree today, finaly found it using my 'history' column for yesterday. It has very little info, Just Margaret McDonald b.1883 Ireland,..1910 res. Manhattan Ward New York. on son Joseph 1908-1974. No Spouse..& no Parents listed. I can't view the census as my subs don't go as far as USA. Tree Owner..(in p.m.)
    Found I think your tree in the name of..will pm info.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

hedwig

Smile McDonald/McDonnell

Thank you for this information. However, I'm sure that isn't my grandmother, since she had moved to San Francisco and was there in 1906 when the SFR earthquake happened.

(The name of my tree on ancestry.com is Prince Tree, Branches, Twigs, etc.)