wozcav

Default VEXED SITUATION: SIBLINGS

Three missing Family-Members appear along with the rest of us in: Regimental ARMY BOOKS CHAPLAINS RETURNS (BMD) 'Home & Overseas' in 1929/30/31/33/35/36/37 as Name/Sex/Mother/Year/Entry-No/Place only: AB 202. These run in 4-year Returns to GRO UK. and suffer the usual Transcription errors of any System. I cannot obtain GRO Certs. since I have limited information here and also not able to access Records as have no paid Subscription yet! Any help with refs/details/ suggestions sought where possible please that I may progress? Regiment is 1st. Bttn. SEAFORTH HIGHLANDERS.
    Sisters: Catherine Eliz. M. CAVANAGH(F) d. 1935 ABBASSIA Cairo EGY. to Sgt. J. CAVANAGH & Theresa CLEARY
    : Marie Eliz. CAVANAGH(F) d. 1935 " " " " "
    *Both succumbed Infant-Mortality together at 2yr & 1yr. respectively.
    C.E.M b. C1932/33 is missing from Birth Records{Transcriptn?) but remembered b. DOVER Hamps. UK.
    M.E b. 1935 ABBASSIA Cairo EGY. as given.
    Brother: Laurence John(M) b. 1929 ALDERSHOT Hants. UK. to Sgt & Mrs CAVANAGH as given.
    All others accounted for re. AB-RETURNS noted 1929-1937 (only two Survive today) Fam-Recds. lost at SEA!
    *Bro. LJ (Hearsay) d. C1988 working ITALY, no information available to trace/find if remains did return to UK?
    Believe H. & FO. would record him as Residing/Dying Overseas, Any experts in these Fields please? Thanks.

Just a reminder that details concerning possibly living people should be sent by private message.

If you register quickly with Findmypast.co.uk then you should be able to get free access for 90 minutes tomorrow (9am Sunday till 9am Monday) as part of their offer during England's World Cup games. You can then access the Overseas BMD indexes and get the reference numbers to order the relevant certificates.
    Last edited by Sue Mackay; 26-06-2010 at 4:32 PM. Reason: Addition
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Geoffers

If there are entries in the army indexes of births, copies of certificates may be obtained from the GRO using the references given. You may find that a library/record office has access to a pay-per-view site.

wozcav

Great thanks G, my ignorance shows no bounds here and Badgering by FO/Consulars in the matter(Nay, thought of parting with cash more like!) obscured logic. I'll give Lib/R.O. a try first so, again, my sincere thanks one and all! M.

Procat

GRO Army Death Indexes shows Cavanagh, Catherine E M, 2, Abbassia, Year 1935, Page 202 and Cavanagh, Marie E, Age 1, Abbassia, Year 1935, Page 202

Using this information you can purchase the certificates from the GRO.

wozcav

Default SIBLING-SEARCH

Procat Et Al, Apologies delay in updating and again thanks for inputs on this! l will go as advised and now a Regimental Source from many years back came in yesterday as (Ex-Curator) to guide re. Documentations held in Archives so, all my History sought and more within reach at last, very pleased with all assistance to date! Keep up the good work, your valued! M.