suz.h

Default sutton st george macclesfield

I have two relatives buried at sutton st george, I know this to be their definate resting place but when i went in to macclesfield to see the church it has been turned into an office and no graves exist also there are no MI records at the library. Can any one help in locating records or know the right person to ask.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Default Sutton St George Macclesfield

Quote Originally Posted by suz.h View Post
    I have two relatives buried at sutton st george, I know this to be their definate resting place but when i went in to macclesfield to see the church it has been turned into an office and no graves exist also there are no MI records at the library. Can any one help in locating records or know the right person to ask.
    Have you tried Chester Record Office cheshire.gov.uk (www.)

or North Cheshire family History Society ncfhs.org.uk ( www.)

geenius

Name well known on Brit-Gen

How hurtful this must be to people everywhere when this has happened. A simple courtesy of a plaque ( signage of some form) informing of ...what was, & where it now is,.....would surely be an advantage not a hindrance to Councils or Parishes or whatevers.

Just an opinion from someone far removed but wishing she wasn't.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

margaret bird

Hi suz.h have you tried Cheshire Family History Society. the macclesfield group is very stong and has lots of info. The public library may also have lists of burials for specific churches. margaret

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi there
    According to Genuki the Burial records for Sutton St Geirge from 1834 to 1937 have been deposited at Cheshire Record Office.

suz.h

thank you everyone for replies regarding this problem i am still no nearer finding memorial inscriptions for this churchyard have tried records office and local history groups to no avail, my problem is trying to find out if my relatives were buried together and are they buried with any other family.

Loves to help with queries

I have some MIs from Sutton St George for a family called Walker and I think I found them at the Cheshire Family History Society at their Alderley Edge library,cicilysmith

suz.h

thank you cicily i had a look on their web site but it wasnt mentioned so i discounted them will try again