Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    v.wells

Default Clearing pm's from forum toolbar

I have answered and deleted messages and I still get "private messages (1)" on my forum tool bar. Is this something that I have to do a ctrl + F5? I have closed my browser Firefox several times since yesterday and I am still get that message. Nothing in my private email to notiify me of messages. The only thing I can think of is that I responded to a pm which didn't go through since that person's box was full.

Keyboard - empty your pm box!

Brick wall demolition expert!

Do you have a friend request that you haven't responded to?

Keyboard86

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    I have answered and deleted messages and I still get "private messages (1)" on my forum tool bar. Is this something that I have to do a ctrl + F5? I have closed my browser Firefox several times since yesterday and I am still get that message. Nothing in my private email to notiify me of messages. The only thing I can think of is that I responded to a pm which didn't go through since that person's box was full.

Keyboard - empty your pm box!
    Vanessa, please do not shout!
    Thanks for helping a " Dog with a bone" on the Baldwin thread!
    Keyboard

v.wells

Sorry Keyboard - I needed to get your attention

Quote Originally Posted by AdeleE View Post
    Do you have a friend request that you haven't responded to?
    I just had a thought about this friend request option. We mods are still learning all the ins and outs of the forum. Perhaps one of the other Mods can help me. What if you receive a friend request and you don't want to be a friend? If you reject the friend request, are they informed of your action?

Procat

I just had a thought about this friend request option. We mods are still learning all the ins and outs of the forum. Perhaps one of the other Mods can help me. What if you receive a friend request and you don't want to be a friend? If you reject the friend request, are they informed of your action?
    Sorry Adele, no idea on that one.

Mutley

We can probably test it, if you and Vanessa are willing.

Vanessa please could you ask Adele to be your friend but don't be offended when she rejects you.

But if you do, please report back because I would like to know.

I'll be right back with an answer.

All great minds think alike. I enlisted Vanessa to test my question and sent her a Friend request, which she rejected.

On my Quick Links > Open Contacts Popup , Vanessa appears as a Contact.

On my User CP - Networking section of the sidebar > Friends & Contacts , Vanessa appears as a Contact, but the Friend check box is not there.

So I didn't get any notification that Vanessa didn't want to be my Friend.

It appears that I can make anyone my Contact, but I need a positive response from them to have the Friend check box activated. And it doesn't look like I can control who makes me a Contact, because Vanessa is still one of my Contacts.

v.wells

There was no rejection notification sent. You can still add to contact list if you want to though. I have now cleared my message notification thingey.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast