Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    woodford

Default could be related

Hi

John William Baldwin born 24 Apr 1854 in Wraysbury, Buckinghamshire, England was my great grandfather he married Frances R. Simmonds and had three children that I know of Cicely (b1897), William (b 1876) and Edith (b 1878).

If this is connected to you please contact me.

Regards

bigsky865

Yes, William John Baldwin born 1876, Father John William Baldwin and mother Frances Simmonds. John William's father is Richard Baldwin born abt 1818 in Cokham Dean, Berkshire and died 17 Sep 1908 in Staines, Middlesex, mother Mary Ann Thrig born abt 1828 in Shottesbugl, Berkshire, Middlesex and died Jun 1907 in Staines. Richard's father William Baldwin born in 1786/87 in Cookham, Berkshire and died Dec 1853 in Cookham married to Rebekah Savage born 1786 in Cookham Dean, Berksire and died 9 Mar 1817 in same place. Second wife Ann Woods born about 1793 in Cookham Dean, Berkshire. She is the one who had Richard. I have not worked on this side of my family for some time. I will share what I have.

bigsky865

I forgot to mention I still have Mary Ann's last name as Thrig/Trigg. Trigg is not in agreement with the forum so I still have to work on that part. I was at a standstill at didn't have time to research this one out but I am so grateful for this forum as they keep you on the straight and narrow and they really care. I am still trying to figure out how to prove this one.

woodford

Great News,

I have Richard Baldwin born and died same as you but his wife's name was Mary Ann Firth not Thrig) born 3 Aug 1831 from Colnbrook, Bucks, they married on 10 Oct 1852 in Middx, England and she died in Apr 1907.

John William Baldwin born 24 Apr 1854 in Wraysbury, Buckinghamshire was in the Horse Guards, he was a Regimental Sargent Major, in 1881 he is a Farrier, in 1891 he is a Quarterly Master Corporal Farrier at the Cavalry Barracks Hospital Military Prison, New Windsor. The Census for 1901 shows him living on his own means at District Road, Ashford, Middx, again next village to Staines, and then he bought a Public House in Hythe near Staines called "The Feathers" I have records of this for 1903, where my Grandmother was brought up. Her name was Cicely Louisa Frances Baldwin, she had a brother William John Baldwin, is that your link to the family? A sister Edith Alice Baldwin.

Cicely Louisa Frances Baldwin married George Robert Pearce and had 3 children, Cicely Frances Louisa Pearce, who was my mother, George Frederick Pearce, and Gerald Albert Pearce.

I hope this fills in some blanks for you, I was born and brought up in Staines, Middx.

bigsky865

Red face Good News

Yes, this is my line also. I have the marriage certificate for Richard and Mary Ann but can not prove her last name was Frith. It looks like her father may have been James Frith and a possible sister Elizabeth. Her name is not listed as Frith on the certificate. I was hoping I could find some place to prove this but have been unsuccessful so far. I don't have my paperwork out for the census that I found where I thought I found her with her father but the census shows she would be much older but could be in error. Do you have proof of her last name?

woodford

Hi

Sorry it has taken so long, only been extremely busy, if you go onto Ancestry.co.uk and key in details for Richard Baldwin it will find the link that Mary Ann is called Mary Ann Firth.
    Hope this helps.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567