anneh

Default Gosnells of Condover

Hi
    I am trying to find details o the above family.I have managed to get back to Edward Gosnell , Church Warden, Condover 1628.
    I am trying to trace any earlier relatives.Can anybody help please ??????

Anne:

Jan1954

Hello Anne - welcome to Brit-Gen,

The parish records would be the best place to start looking, especially as Edward was a Church Warden.

As a day trip to the Shropshire Archives might be out of the question for you, a transcription of the parish records could certainly help.

MJHulme

Default Condover Parish Register

Hello Anne

If you do a search for Condover printed parish register you will find that a copy is available on CD-ROM (starts 1570) from Anguline either direct from them at https://anguline.co.uk/misc.htm or through their eBay site.

Mike

anneh

Hi
    Thanks to both of you for the suggestion.I'll definitely look into it.
    Anne

jules_gosnell

Anne,

If you are still interested in this family, then we have something in common :-)

Here is a graph of my Gosnell family:

https://gosnell.org.uk/genealogy/gosnell/graph.svg

You might be able to hook into the tree top-left somewhere - these are Gosnells of Cound/Condover.

Please get in touch,

Jules

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jules,

I am interested in more details about the Gosnells of Cound/Condover you mention: Gos(e)nell Thomas and John Gosnell. Do you have any sources?
    Thank you

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Andres
    This thread is more than 5 years old and the word 'Guest' under all the names of the participants shows that they are no longer members of the Brit-Gen forums. We do not have any way of letting them know you wish to contact them. The link Jules has posted is of no help either with no identifying features that I can see.
    You could post more details of the ancestors you are interested in and our members may able able to help.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by christanel View Post
    Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Andres
    This thread is more than 5 years old and the word 'Guest' under all the names of the participants shows that they are no longer members of the Brit-Gen forums. We do not have any way of letting them know you wish to contact them. The link Jules has posted is of no help either with no identifying features that I can see.
    You could post more details of the ancestors you are interested in and our members may able able to help.
    Christina
    Thank you for the information and getting back. Yes I did see it was a few years old but always wanted to have a try.
    I am looking for ancestors of Edward Gosnell, mayor of Shrewsbury in 1682. (1631-1706).
    His father Henry Gosnell (1581-1671)
    His father Robert Gosnell ( -1627)Death February Cound, Shropshire.
    His Father John Gosnell ( -1575)Cound , Shorpshire.
    Thomas Gosenell of Co
    und. Death 17th April, 1562.
    William Gosenell of Cound.

I am tryng to find information all possible information on the above and their families.

Thank you

Best regards,

Andrés

A very warm welcome to Britgen.
    Check out "welsh Journals - https://journals.library.wales

The search key "edward gosnell" (include the " " as part of search key) returns 2 hits. View the original by clicking on para heading ie. May 1898
    Have searched under "Gosnell" only but not checked out the hits returned

Pob lwc
    "dyfal donc a dyr y garreg"