David Clark

Question John Clark and Mary Wharton

John Clark and Mary Wharton were married on Dec. 25, 1735, in Kendal,Westmoreland. It is believed they lived in Appleby. I am looking for any children.
    Did they have a son by the name of JOHN who lived in Appleby? Were there other children?
    Was Charles, born 21 years after the marriage their son?
    John Clark, possibly a son of John and Mary, married Sarah Holmes of Crosby Ravensworth in 1799, and they lived in Appleby. Does anyone know the date of John's death and where he was buried? Sarah is wife, was buried in the churchyard of Crosby Ravensworth in 1835
    There was a "Mr. Marmaduke Clark, Excise Officer" who lived in Appleby and he had a son Stephen, born Feb. 9, 1707, and he had a daughter whose name I do not know, born Dec. 9, 1708.

frederickay

Default wharton ,kirby stephan

my family is from the kirkby stephen area. a john wharton married Margeret brocklebank from kendal. do you think we may have cousins in common. thanks . jan wharton

anne dashlings

Default Marmaduke Clark officer of excise

Quote Originally Posted by David Clark View Post
    John Clark and Mary Wharton were married on Dec. 25, 1735, in Kendal,Westmoreland. It is believed they lived in Appleby. I am looking for any children.
    Did they have a son by the name of JOHN who lived in Appleby? Were there other children?
    Was Charles, born 21 years after the marriage their son?
    John Clark, possibly a son of John and Mary, married Sarah Holmes of Crosby Ravensworth in 1799, and they lived in Appleby. Does anyone know the date of John's death and where he was buried? Sarah is wife, was buried in the churchyard of Crosby Ravensworth in 1835
    There was a "Mr. Marmaduke Clark, Excise Officer" who lived in Appleby and he had a son Stephen, born Feb. 9, 1707, and he had a daughter whose name I do not know, born Dec. 9, 1708.
    I have a handwritten recipe/commonpace book dated about 1735 and trying to trace its origins. In the commonplace section there are a number of poems, one is attributed to Marmaduke "Upon his Majestys Birth day October 30, 1734." He sounds a royalist to the bone! Can you tell me anything about him? Would you like a copy of the poem?

dbclark48

Don't see any connection yet! Clark married Mary Wharton c 1735. No further info. D.C.

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

If you check here https://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb....m/~hughwallis/ and check Crosthwaite you may find a lead.