Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    67tracey

Default Lucas-Buckingham Jersey, Channel Islands

Hi there
    I cannot find my g-g grandfathers brother! Robert George Lucas was born in Callington, Cornwall, England. One of his children (do not know whether any siblings) was my g-g-g grandfather George Lucas (try researching that name - you get Starwars). He moved to Jersey, Channel Islands and married Mary Buckingham. They had 4 children George Robert, Henry Buckingham, female, and male. George & Henry left Jersey c.1856 (the other 2 siblings died in childhood along with parents). George arrived in NZ July 1856 (i have all on George). Henry apparently stopped his travels Australia?. I can find nothing on him. Where to look for Henry Buckingham Lucas? If anyone can point me in the right direction - i just must find him! Tracey

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Do you have any birth dates Tracey?
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Ancestry 1861 census has a George R. Lucas b.about 1837 age 24. of St Helier a shoeing smith
    Wife Elizabeth 29 b. St.Saviour, Jersey
    Dtr Elizabeth A.L. age 2 St.Helier
    Son George W.J. age 2 mths St Helier.
    Class: RG9; Piece: 4397; Folio: 23; Page: 9; (Crown copywrite held by TNS)

saghs.org.au/graves.htm has a Henry Lucas death /burial mentioned sce date 1873.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

colashbury

Found a John ? 46 Gardener
    Mary 40 ? Cook
    George R Lucas 16 Butcher
    Henry B Lucas 14 Sailor
    On the 1851 census, living at 3 Simons Place, St Hellier........Sorry cant make out Fathers full name....

colashbury

Hi Tracey. Looks like he died on the 4th of Jan 1904 in Kobe Japan. I have private messaged you with info though. Just click on the link. Please have a look as it may be very of great interest, in order for you to continue your research......Colin

67tracey

Hi there, thanks for this but there were a couple of Lucas families in St Hellier, Channel Islands at this time - this family is not them as the parents George R Lucas and Mary (nee Buckingham) died along with 2 younger children around 1841 .. George Jnr and brother Henry immigrated at the ages of 21 & 19 NZ way in July 1856 ... thanks anyways ... but on a good note I have just sent an email which shows very good promise. Tracey

67tracey

Robert George Lucas b Callington, Southhill, Cornwall, Eng (date unknown) married Jane Sutton (nee Haley?)
    George Lucas b Suffolk, England (31/12/1803) moved to St Hellier, Jersey, Channel Islands - why unknown?
    married Mary Buckingham b 1804 (French descendant of Islands)
    4 children: George Robert Lucas b 15/03/1835 Henry Buckingham Lucas b 1837, female Lucas (have date somewhere), male Lucas (have date somewhere)

67tracey

Default Channel Islands LUCAS

Robert George Lucas b Callington, Southhill, Cornwall, Eng (date unknown) married Jane Sutton (nee Haley?)
    George Lucas b Suffolk, England (31/12/1803) moved to St Hellier, Jersey, Channel Islands - why unknown?
    married Mary Buckingham b 1804 (French descendant of Islands)
    4 children: George Robert Lucas b 15/03/1835 Henry Buckingham Lucas b 1837, female Lucas (have date somewhere), male Lucas (have date somewhere)

67tracey

Hi there - i think you may be right! have sent promising email and will see what comes of it - thank you sooooooooooooooo much :-) Tracey

colashbury

Hi Tracey. Did you get the message that I sent you. Presume the Japan one was the one you were saying was right. The person in question was asking for not only for Henry B Lucas but mentions his Brother George. Obviously he had moved to Japan and married there in his later years as she says. He then died over that way. Have you emailed the person in question. Please let us know the outcome. Thanks....Colin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast