Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Stewart Hill

Hi

I'm not sure whether you already have this information, but I'll give it to you and if your require something further, let me know.

George Robert Lucas baptised St Helier, 19th Apr 1835
    Henry Buckingham Lucas, baptised St Helier, 30th Jul 1837
    Charles Joshua Lucas, baptised St Helier, 9th Jun 1839, died St Helier, 29th Jun 1841, aged 2 years
    Mary Louise Lukis(!), born St Helier 18th Dec 1840, baptised 17th Jan 1841, died 25th Jun 1841 aged 6 months
    George Lucas, died St Helier 13th May 1841 aged 38 years
    George Lukas(!) of South Hill, Cornwall, married Mary Buckingham at St Helier Parish Church 15th May 1834
    Mary Buckingham was baptised St Helier, 4th Jan 1804, parents Joshua Buckinham and Mary Hocquard.

I could not readily see a death for Mary.

Stewart

67tracey

Hi Colin - yes sent her an email - waiting in great anticipation - have been looking for Henry for many years - and was told Australia .. would never have looked in Japan. It sounds very promising and will let you know the outcome when i here back from her - hope her email addy is up-to-date and correct (it didn't come back so thats a good sign) - thank so much for helping - Tracey

67tracey

Hi there Stewart - yes i do have that info written down somewhere .. just a matter of inputting 1000 names all at once *brain spin*. I wonder what happened in 1941 in the Channel Islands for them to loose 4 family members at once - very sad and hard on the 2 remaining boys! The Hocquard family are French and apparently resided there in the Chanel Islands for generations so looks like i have a smidgen of French blood too. Thanks. Tracey

colashbury

Hi Trace, thats fantastic news. I know that it was written in 2002 so God knows if she still has that address. Yer have a name and a country to go on now and a time of death which gives you something else to go on. You may also find that you have Japanese ancestors. Hope she does write to you and you find out all you need to know. Speak soon... Colin

colashbury

Sent you another very interesting pm. Have a look. Maybe, hopefully the person that you are trying to contact........Colin

Stewart Hill

Hi

There was a cholera outbreak in Jersey late 1840 early 1841.

Stewart

67tracey

wow - thats awful. S'pose we live in better times as far as medicine goes .... will get back to you if need anything else re Jersey, Channel Islands if offer still open - bit bogged down with time so may be while - thanks for your help :-)

67tracey

Stewart
    wow - thats awful. S'pose we live in better times as far as medicine goes .... will get back to you if need anything else re Jersey, Channel Islands if offer still open - bit bogged down with time so may be while - thanks for your help :-) Tracey

67tracey

Hello Colin, 9 years later - thought would say hi - Yes Lana is my distant cousin and was looking for the same person as me! We are facebook friends now and i have shared her story of bring twins and another wee girl into the world over the last nine years - life is just interesting hey! Regards Tracey (nee Lucas)

67tracey

Hello Stewart, 9 years later - thought would say hi - Yes Lana is my distant cousin and was looking for the same person as me! We are facebook friends now and i have shared her story of bring twins and another wee girl into the world over the last nine years - life is just interesting hey! Regards Tracey (nee Lucas)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast