Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    howard 44

Robert is not shown for 1911 census. howard

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by Raffaele View Post
    Thats the same pair, I take it you have discounted them.

If he was a farmer in New Brunswick I rather doubt the born London is that accurate, more likely near London.
    Hi
    Thats good we are all looking at the same page so to speek, but no I haven't discounted them, just move the notes around the desk a bit LOL.
    I think I found the same one with the parents on 1851 Census, but not the other one.

Regards Sandy

Growing old Disgracefully

Quote Originally Posted by howard 44 View Post
    Robert is not shown for 1911 census. howard
    Hi Howard
    You are a star
    Thank you so much for all this info I will pass it on to Dot my Cousin.
    Any chance you could get me the info we would need to get hold of a copy of the Mariage Cert, I think thats the only way to go now. Hopefully it may have a father's name on it for Robert.

Regards Sandy
    PS. do you know how much it would cost for the marriage cert. Canada to America

howard 44

Hi. Cost $72.25 canadian. Are you near Archives for your county or local library. If you are ask them if they provide access to Ancestry.ca. If they do search for Robert Franklin. I am able to view the marriage cert but is not very good quality. The archive staff should be very helpful and asist in making a copy. If not I will try and print you a copy. good luck howard

howard 44

Hi I had another look at marriage announcement. I can not see name of any parents. There is a space with names of 2 witness. Do you have date he died, might be able to find death cert on line howard

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Sandy, I am the direct descendant of Robert and Mary. I live in Minnesota. My great grandmother was their daughter Maria Franklin who married Laughlin Isadore Chute in New Brunswick and later moved to Minnesota. I too, have hit a brick wall when trying to research anyone past them in my family tree. I am 71 years old and would like to trace the family back a little further. Some of my aunts said Mary was adopted and her last name may have been Campbell, but I haven't found any proof of this rumor. If you find out more, please let me know as I am trying to do a family tree. Peace, Nancy Hock Lien
    Last edited by hocklien; 13-07-2021 at 1:24 PM. Reason: Corrections

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I have photos of their tombstones. Both died in Aitkin Minnesota, I believe. It could be researched through Aitkin County court records.
    I am a 2nd great granddaughter of both and I cannot find much on either of them. Peace, Nancy Hock-Lien

A fountain of knowledge

NANCYI am sure you have done this but I just googled Laughlin Isadore Chute and lots of entrees come up.
    I quickly glanced at the first one "Chute Family Notes: Notes 18-280 through 300https://site› ~chute
    Notes on Laughlin Isadore Chute and Maria Elsie Franklin Chute: "Born near Frederickton, N.B., Jan 11, 1846; married Maria E., daughter of Robert and Mary​ ."

it's from a different research site so not sure I can name it but with the above info you should be able
    to find it. Seems to be a very comprehensive history of the Chute family. Jill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12