Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Du Feu Jersey

Sarnia1

Default Du Feu

Quote Originally Posted by suemalings View Post
    I am researching the family tree for my friend who is a Du feu. He was born in Jersey and is related to the family you are researching Sarnia.

Would you get in touch with me and we shall see if we can help heach other.

I have only just started researching but have got as far as Phillipe born 1816. My friend has often talked about the farm. During the Occupation, the German's took out the fences which meant that the boundaries were lost!
    Hi Sue, my great grandfather was Philip born in St Ouns,around 1959 without me going to Jersey I can't seem to get any further,as there seems to be so many Philips born around that time I have my Philips death certificate he died age 75 in 1934 would your friend be a nephew of him best wishes Sheila

Super Moderator

Default Du Feu Family

Sorry for not replying before. My friend was born in jersey. Do you have access to Ancestry? I have the tree on there now under the name of Dufue (mis-spelt sorry!).

My friend Paul, born about 1950 in the Channel Islands
    His Father, Leonard, born Channel Islands
    Leonards father: Philip John, Insurance Clerk (this is confirmed)
    Phillips father: Peter born St Ouen. Farmer
    Peter born 1827
    Phillipe born 1897.

I have managed to trace these on the census. Phillipe, Peter and Phillip were all farms on the family farm in St Ouen. Unfortunately during the occupation the boundary fences were taken out so somewhere there is still land owned by the family, but they have no way of knowing where it is in St. Ouen!

A distant cousin lives in St. Ouen. it does seem a complicated family thought!

I was in jersey this year and saw the Battle of Flowers, it was quite spectacular. My friend (who now lives in the UK) has a sister who lives in St Hellier and her garden backs onto the road where the procession was going, so it was good to be able to watch it. His sister's house is a family house that their grandparents bought so has been in the family for a while.

I have no record of Phillipe going to Guernsey but I am seeing Paul this week so I shall ask him a little more.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12