Thread: No birth record

mother hen

Default No birth record

Can anyone give me a bit of advice.

I found my nan's baby ,got the volumn and page number from FreeBMD and Ancestry but when i sent for a birth and death record they refunded my money as the name did not appear with the information i gave them.

Apart from visiting the records office do you know how i might get the correct information .

Thanks

Pam

Jan1954

Hello Pam,

Did you order the certificate with the name as it appears EXACTLY in the records?

Did you double-check by clicking on the view the register entry on FreeBMD?

Please provide the details that you gave the GRO (Name, year, reference etc) so that we can have a look and see what we can advise.

mother hen

Hi ,
    This is as i put it in.
    Birth of Edna D Blake 1924 Willesden vol 3a page 433 jul-sep Mothers name Harman.

Death of Edna D Blake 1925 Willesden vol 3a page 194 jul-sep.

I'm not certain if this was the baby my nan had that died but everything ties in ,so wanted to check.

Hope you can help.

Pam

Mutley

Well both birth and death are very obvious on Free BMD so I cannot imagine why they could not find them.

I would ring them and ask. Sometimes a voice at the end of telephone can be good, sometimes!!!

Take the mother's name out of the application and see what that brings. The index could so easily be wrong.
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

mother hen

Thank you for all your help i think i will try Brent Town Hall first then go from there.

I'l let you know how i get on.

Pam

mother hen

Hi all,
    Well i'm not one to ignore the fact that i said i would let you know how i got on.

I sent again for the birth record and recieved it,i have now sent for the death record.

Not sure what happened maybe i did put the info in wrong i would'nt say i did'nt as i can make a mistake just like anyone.

Anyway thank you all for your help.

While i'm here does anyone know what occupation a Callenderer is .i have looked on several records for this person and the all mostly say the same .

Thanks Pam

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by mother hen View Post
    Hi all,
    Well i'm not one to ignore the fact that i said i would let you know how i got on.

I sent again for the birth record and recieved it,i have now sent for the death record.

Not sure what happened maybe i did put the info in wrong i would'nt say i did'nt as i can make a mistake just like anyone.

Anyway thank you all for your help.

While i'm here does anyone know what occupation a Callenderer is .i have looked on several records for this person and the all mostly say the same .

Thanks Pam
    Glad you finally received it.

I believe a Calenderer operated a machine with two large rollers (calender) used to press and finish fabrics or paper

mother hen

Oh right thanks very much.