Paula

Smile Kirkintilloch...

Looking for any Mullaney's, from Kirkintilloch Dunbartonshire, that have descendents from Co Sligo, Ireland. My gt grandfather was James Mullaney b. c1875 Enniscrone Sligo. He had 5 brothers, Henry, Anthony, Patrick...? and a sister Mary.He married Margaret Murdoch (from Kilsyth) and settled in Kirkintilloch, where he died. James was a coalminer. Most of James' brothers emigrated to the US and 2 died in a war there. Thanks. Paula
    Last edited by Paula; 23-09-2005 at 9:45 AM.

kslowey

Smile mccormick/gillon/mullaney

hi Paula,

My name is Karen and I have just read your information about the mccormick's/ Gillon's. I have all that info too. but i was wondering if you found out any thing else?

I also see that you are looking for mullaney's, my grandad's (JOHN MCCORMICK) sister married Frank Mullaney in kirkintilloch.

i'd love if you could get in touch and we could hopefully swap some information.

thanks,

Karen

Paula

Thumbs up Mccormick/Gillon/Mullaney

Karen
    Thanks for your message.
    Yes we are related. I think I contacted your sister, Collette, via genesreunited once.
    Your Grandfather, John McCormick is my Grandmothers brother. My Grandmother is Mary McCormick and she married John Mullaney (not Frank!). Your Mum, Nancy, and my Dad, Jim Mullaney, are cousins. I dont know if you remember me but you should be able to remember Karen, my sister, and Barry, my brother.
    Neither Collette nor I had much info then and I don't really have much more now!
    I am also in contact with another McCormick descendent, Stephen McCormick, who is the son of Francis (Frank) McCormick. Frank is a brother of our grandparents.

RE: Our grandparents parents, Nancy Gillon and John McCormick...Ive found a birth, death and a possible 1901 census record for Nancy and her parents/grandparents. John died as the result of a pit accident (dont know if you already knew this) all I know about him is he was Belfast born....I realised that he must have had a brother, Charles, who came with him from Belfast to Kirky, as he was informant on Johns death cert. So I started to look for him. Charles married a Mary McTiernan at St Ninians in Kirky in 1903. I also found a possible 1901 census record for Charles. I know John and Charles parents but their mother was deceased in 1903.

I have found a wee bit on the Mullaneys but not much at all. I really need to go to Ireland.
    I have most (if not all)of Gt Grandfather James Mullaneys siblings and their parents. I also am pretty sure which of the brothers went to America but nothing more.

I'll stop as I'm probably confusing you! Please contact me at [email protected]
    and thanks again for contacting me.

Paula Mullaney