Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    js21

Question Hawarden Cemetery Lookup

I am interested in headstones in the Hawarden cemetery, Flintshire for persons with the surname BENNETT. I am particularly interested in acquiring photographs of these headstones so that I can transcribe the memorial inscriptions. Particularly interested in the following persons:

Edward William Whitley Bennett
    Edward Bennett
    Annie Pearson

I believe that these headstones are at or toward the back of the Hawarden Number 1 Cemetery.

Any help appreciated.

loubielou

Hi, I am a new to the forum.
    I realise your request is 18 months old - but do you still require assistance?
    I live in Hawarden, and would be happy look for you.
    Regards

js21

Yes, please. That would be really appreciated. I'm not able to visit the cemetery so any information or photos would be wonderful.

Note: Annie Pearson may be Annie Bennett. Also, she might be buried with or near Alfred Pearson.

Reputation beyond repute

Your best approach will be to simply obtain a copy of the published MIs eg HAWARDEN - MIs in churchyard published by Clwyd FHS 2004

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    Your best approach will be to simply obtain a copy of the published MIs eg HAWARDEN - MIs in churchyard published by Clwyd FHS 2004
    This deals with part of the oldest part of the Churchyard, and is sent via email. Also worth checking out are volumes two and three.

loubielou

Hawarden No 1 cemetery is not located within the churchyard. Its not particularly big and is very well maintained so hopefully I can get the photo's for you this weekend - weather permitting.

js21

Jan1954 - I purchased the "MI - Hawarden Vol 3". However, I can see by reading the booklet that the No 1 on Cross Tree Road (& the No 2 cemetery on Ash Lane) are not included in any of the volumes. Also, after looking through the Clwyd FHS website, it doesn't appear that they sell MI for either of these two cemeteries either. My assumption is that this information has not been collated and is not available for purchase at this time?

Loubielou - Given that I'm having no luck so far, I'm really hoping that you've had some success. If so, please let me know and I'll provide an email address to send any images to.

loubielou

Hi, The volumes for Hawarden will only detail MI's in the churchyard of St Deniols, they will not include Hawarden No's 1 & 2.
    No 1 is really quite compact, but is basic

loubielou

(oops) Continued........ basically open on all four sides, so the description of 'at or toward the back' differs depending on perspective.
    I have walked all of what could be described as 'at the back' areas and there is only 1 Bennett so far, not yours I am afraid (a Walter Bennett, no Pearsons either). But, as I say, No 1 is not so big and is well maintained so if there are headstones I am sure I will find them. Do you have any other clues ie: roughly what year the first burial could have taken place?
    Because I had no luck at the weekend, I have enlisted my sister to help, we will be going on Friday afternoon so I will keep you posted.

js21

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all your help. I have deduced that my persons of interest must not have been buried in the No 1. Cemetery as I was informed. Which just leaves me with the question: Where were they buried then? A logical alternative could be the Bryn Road Cemetery in Connah's Quay as this is (from what I can tell) the only other close cemetery to the Deeside area where they all lived. The search continues ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast