Default missing from IGI

Hello, forgive my ignorance but a couple of years ago on the IGI I found some extractions from parishes. I checked them again a couple of months ago to see if I could glean any further info from them and lo and behold they seem to have disappeared, is it possible? - they were there before
    pejay

Reputation beyond repute

Yup. That's the IGI for you! The topic of the IGI's disappearing records crops up from time to time on various forums.

You may want to check whether they have been converted to patron submissions.

v.wells

And here I thought it was my brain playing tricks on me! I'm glad I'm not the only one to have experienced this "phenomenom". I usually end up just inputting the surname only and wading thru pages of out of order years!

Knowledgeable and helpful warncoort's Avatar

Lately i have been using Hugh Wallis batch nos,search parish and if no luck i move to next nearest parish,takes time but avoids staring at a long list of names.
    Eric

Hello & many thanks for your replies, I was begunning to feel very frustrated & thought ... maybe I am mistaken, they are not coming up on the Hugh Wallis site either. I will check to see if they are now patron submissions.
    pejay