Jane MT

Default Anderson, Dunlop families

My 3great grandparents, John Anderson and Jean Dunlop lived in Mearns parish where eight children were baptized between 1798 and 1816. I have not found a marriage registration for them.

Only one child, the youngest, was given a second name... she was Janet Paterson Anderson. This was perhaps a family surname.

John and Jean's daughter, Jean (Jane) Anderson, married William Collins in Abbey parish 24 July 1819. Jean and William, my 2great grandparents were living in Ontario, Canada by 1828.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have information about this family.

Jack Ruffin

Default Jane MT I think John Anderson and Jean Dunlop

Hi Jane I think John Anderson and Jane Dunlop may be GGG parents My connection is through son James born 1803 in Mearns and married Agnes Mann who came to Australia in 1833. They also had a Margaret born 1825 according to Parish records of Carnwath County Lanark. email [email protected] Jack Ruffin

and S
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane MT View Post
    My 3great grandparents, John Anderson and Jean Dunlop lived in Mearns parish where eight children were baptized between 1798 and 1816. I have not found a marriage registration for them

Only one child, the youngest, was given a second name... she was Janet Paterson Anderson. This was perhaps a family surname.

John and Jean's daughter, Jean (Jane) Anderson, married William Collins in Abbey parish 24 July 1819. Jean and William, my 2great grandparents were living in Ontario, Canada by 1828.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who might have information about this family.

Jack Ruffin

Default Sorry that should have read

Hi Jane I think John Anderson and Jane Dunlop may be GGG parents They also had a Margaret born 1825 according to Parish records of Carnwath County Lanark.My connection is through son JOHN in Mearns married Agnes Mann who came to Australia in 1833. email [email protected] Jack Ruffin

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Ruffin View Post
    Hi Jane I think John Anderson and Jane Dunlop may be GGG parents My connection is through son James born 1803 in Mearns and married Agnes Mann who came to Australia in 1833. They also had a Margaret born 1825 according to Parish records of Carnwath County Lanark. email [email protected] Jack Ruffin

and S