Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eric Fernihough

Default Fernihough

Quote Originally Posted by Debmct45 View Post
    Thanks for this information. I haven't read this in awhile But all this information definitely pertains to my grandfather's family. I am Edward Stanley Fernihough's granddaugher. My mom Winnifred is still living
    Hi,
    would that be Stanley Edward born 1902 and sent to Canada as a British Home Child in 1915 following Gordon (1913) and Winifred (1914)?

Debmct45

Quote Originally Posted by stattointhailan View Post
    Hi,
    would that be Stanley Edward born 1902 and sent to Canada as a British Home Child in 1915 following Gordon (1913) and Winifred (1914)?
    He told us he stowed away on a boat coming to Canada lol! I am not sure of the siblings timeline, though they all did end up coming to Canada. Winnie ended up marrying and American and I believe her daughter Margo still lives in Kentucky. I think Stan's birthday is actually 1901. Saskatchewan actually has a database of records as well now.

Sorry to have drifted "off topic", but these were brothers and sister of Eric. Here is the link to the library &v Archives Canada records for Stanley, Gordon & Winifred travelling to Canada as "British Home Children"
    https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discove...me=Fernihough&
    Eric was adopded by Mrs McCalmont probably living at 5 Stourwood Ave West Southbourne sometime around 1909

Debmct45

Talking Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by stattointhailan View Post
    Sorry to have drifted "off topic", but these were brothers and sister of Eric. Here is the link to the library &v Archives Canada records for Stanley, Gordon & Winifred travelling to Canada as "British Home Children"
    https://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/discove...me=Fernihough&
    Eric was adopded by Mrs McCalmont probably living at 5 Stourwood Ave West Southbourne sometime around 1909

No apologies necessary! This is fascinating to me!

Have sent PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12