Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Loves to help with queries

Quote Originally Posted by shaygriff View Post
    I am trying to find out about the parents of Dennis Vowles b. abt. 1809 in Birmingham and a possible brother James b. abt 1816.
    Dennis, could have been a convict in Australia (from 1839), can't find him on the 1841 census. I have found info which could be him. I did not think it was him at first, as job spec was a " Cabinet Maker" born in Worcestershire, but I have found a possible brother James born c 1816 who is also a " Cabinet Maker" born Warwickshire Birmingham on the 1841, he is married to an Ann, abt june 1839 Birmingham on Freebmd, 16, 349. I think her name is Ann Bangham. James died sept 1874 acc. to Freebmd, (6d, 171).
    I may have found a death for Dennis also, june 1863 in West Bromwich, Freebmd, 6b, 437.
    Hope somebody understands all this and can help me.

shaygriff
    I've found out that "our" Dennis was indeed a cabinetmaker, also in the early 1830's (upto 1835) he lived in Worcester Street, Birmingham.

Valued member of Brit-Gen

I take it your James is the one (aged 26 cabinet maker) in the 1841 census in Sherlock St (HO 1071/1142/8 or Warwickshire > St Martin > St Martin > District 23 > 9 ) with wife Ann (22)

Loves to help with queries

After some more research, I've found out that James is probably not the brother.

Shay

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

There are several threads about Dennis Vowles, so I am closing this one.

Any further research or comments about Dennis should be be made here, where there are links to the other threads.
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/fo...n-Warwickshire
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12