Default Calvinistic Methodist Chapel's in Pennal

Hello all
    Can any one please help, my G G Greatgrandfather David Lewis was born in Pennal, Merionethshire, abt 1764 he was also married to Martha, in Pennal, the only child I know off is my G. Greatgrandfather also David Lewis born 11 April 1785.
    Can any one tell me the number of chapels in Pennal about that time, as I have no idea were to start looking for births or marriages.
    My G. Greatgrandmother Margaret Williams was born in 17 November 1793 Frongaled, Llanddwywe, Merionethshire
    I gess that is were they married so again would there be a lot of chapels.
    Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.
    Kind regards Sue

MarkJ

Have you looked at the GenUKI entry for Pennal? There are Parish records from 1721 onwards for Pennal held at Merioneth record office apparently. No idea if non-Conformist records are also held or not - but worth asking.

Geoffers

For non-conformist records - have you tried those online via BMDregisters (free to search pay to view full record); this is also available to those with a subscription to TheGenealogist.

Hi
    Thankyou both for your help,
    I will have a look at the Genealogist, I did not know about that one.
    Kind regards sue

Reputation beyond repute

where to start looking for births or marriages.
    At that time the marriage would have to have been in the established church so don't waste time looking for a chapel marriage.

TNA catalogue includes -

MERIONETHSHIRE: Pennal (Welsh Calvinistic Methodist): Births & Baptisms 1802-1836 RG 4/4034
    MERIONETHSHIRE: Pennal (Wesleyan): Baptisms 1820

Since you have to check the parish church for a marriage, it might be as well to also check there for baptisms before looking further afield.

Hi Peter
    Thankyou so much for the advice and help I really appreciate it.
    Kind regards Sue