colashbury

Default Ship Carpenter in Liverpool

Hi. My Great Great Grandfather was a ship carpenter on my Great Grandmothers Marriage certificates in the 1880s. Unfortunately I am stuck at this point in my research. His name was Frederick Williams. His Daughter was Marion Wiliiams. All gets complicated around this time. Prob in the Liverpool area as this is where she married twice. Any help appreciated.....Colin

Reputation beyond repute

Presumably this was the father of the bride.

What else do you know about Marian Williams and what supporting evidence, if any, do you have about the father?

Have you got some census references for us?

colashbury

Hi Peter. Nowt I am afraid on the Fathers side. Marion married in 1883 to a Henry Webber. Address was from 4 Prescot rd. States her Fathers name as Frederick Williams, ship carpenter. Her age was on certificate as full. Presume this was the legal age for marriage, although believe that she was at least 23 at the time. She was a spinster. She married again as Marion Webber 1886 to a Henry Betteley, this time as a widow aged 27, so obviously 1st Henry died. Her Father was still at this point a ship carpenter. I know that she had a Son called Frederick who would have been born around 1880. 1st census with the Betteleys in 1891, he was known as Frederick Webber aged 11. On his marriage certificate in 1905 his age was 27 which points to 1878. His Father was supposedly Frederick Williams deceased. I think this was the Grandfather named above. He was known as Frederick Webber Williams. Have parts of his Service records 1915 again as Frederick Webber Williams, showing his age as 35 which again makes the birth 1880. Although he married in 1905 he had twins in 1900 to his Wife, and named the two of them Webber. All so complicated. Hitting a brick wall now for 2 years. Thought I would go this way round.......Colin

Brick wall demolition expert!

As this query may lead to research by forum members that has already conducted on an earlier thread concerning Frederick Williams and daughter Marion, I am closing this thread.

If you can help in the search for Frederick Williams, who has a daughter Marion, please post your replies on this earlier thread