Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgar Marriage

ausiejude

Default Edgar Marriage

I am having trouble finding the marriage of Waters Edgar to Fanny ?. Am doing a family tree for my daughter and her fiance and have hit a brick wall. Their children were born in Sohom from 1852 (Richard) to 1862 (Mary) and then they immigrated to Australia in 1863, so I assume that they were married from 1850 - 1952. Waters was the son of Thomas & Susannah (Susan) Edgar nee Waters.............hence his Christian name.

Would appreciate some advice on where to search next, as I would really like to find Fanny's maiden name.

Judy

Procat

Hi Judy,

June Qtr 1851

Waters Edgar, Newmarket, 14 176
    Fanny Munns, Newmarket, 14 176

ausiejude

Hi Doug,
    Thanks very much for the information, it is great. Now I will be able to go ahead with the tree.

Regards,
    Judy

ausiejude

Hi Doug,
    I now have found a marriage of Fanny's father James Muns (Munns) to Mary Robinson in 1819 in Wicken, Cambridge, but need to know if this is correct. How do you check that this information is either right or wrong. ?

Judy

Name well known on Brit-Gen

You will find Fanny & seven siblings listed on the IGI hereparents James Munns & Mary at Soham Cambridge. batch no. C132491
    Last edited by Waitabit; 10-03-2010 at 3:18 AM. Reason: typo
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

davidcarca

You appear to have found a member submission on the IGI. These are notoriously unreliable, particularly when they don't give an exact date. But Wicken is only a mile from Soham, so it might be possible. Wicken parish register hasn't been extracted onto either the IGI or the BVRI, but the marriages are on the Cambs Marriage Index, a CDrom produced by Cambs FHS. Hopefully someone reading this board might have this Index and be able to confirm the marriage. And hopefully it will say James of the parish of Soham. If not you will need to order and view the microfilm of the parish register at your nearest LDS Family History Centre (list at www.familysearch.org)

David

Name well known on Brit-Gen

Quote Originally Posted by Procat View Post
    Hi Judy,

June Qtr 1851

Waters Edgar, Newmarket, 14 176
    Fanny Munns, Newmarket, 14 176

Only 13-18 miles to Cambridge, could float.

C132491 is a batch no. for extracted entries, not member submissions.
    Happy Families
    Wendy
    Count your Blessings, they'll all add up in the end.

ausiejude

Thanks everyone for your help, it is much appreciated. Hopefully someone with the Cambridge marriage index might see this post and be able to tell me if it is the right Mary. Unfortunately I live a fair distance from a LDS Family History Centre and at present am still recovering from major surgery and am unable to get to one. Never mind, there will be time later on when I have recovered, that is if no-one sees this post who has the Marriage index.

Thanks again,
    Judy

mazzacox

Hi Judy,
    I am a g.g.grandaughter of Waters Edgar and Fanny Munns. I don't no if you have this information yet but Fanny's parents were James Munns and Mary Lusher. I have their baptisimal records plus wedding certificate. Their son John was my g.grandfather I have recors for him too.

Marion

janbooth

From Cambridgeshire FHS Marriage Index:

1851 at Soham Waters EDGAR with a corresponding entry for a Fanny MUNNS
    1815 at Soham James MUNNS with a corresponding entry for a Mary LUSHER
    1819 at Wicken James MUNS with a corresponding entry for a Mary ROBINSON

Cambridgeshire FHS Baptismal Index:

1825 at Soham Edgar WATERS son of Thomas & Susannah
    1827 at Soham Edgar WATERS son of Thomas & Susannah

1822 at Soham Lusher MUNNS son of James & Mary

The1841 census record for James MUNNS at Soham (HO107/73/18, folio 4, page 2) corroborates a son Lusher MUNNS living with him as well as presumably (as no relationships are shown in the 1841) 6 other children which corroborates what Marion has stated in the post above, i.e. that James MUNNS married Mary LUSHER in 1815 at Soham.

Janet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast