Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    patriciab_1

Default LOOK UP please William Richards and Hannah An

Hi Everyone, Hoping to find the parents names of William Richards on his marriage cert. and even his wife Hannah The inform. I have is William brn 1766 died 1842 Ashbourne Dist.[ I think this may be area where he was buried] Married Hannah Ann [!] brn c1766-68 died 1840. Marriage Brierley Hill Staff. c1792. Their eldest son Joseph was brn 1793 Brierley Hill [?] there were 5 other children. Fingers crossed that I may hear from you I've been going round in cheers, Trish

Jan1954

Hello Trish,

I am afraid that you are unlikely to find parental information on any marriage records unless one of them happened to be a witness. Have a read here of what to expect to find on marriage records for the year that you have noted.

LittleSpark

Hi Trish,
    I'll be going to Dudley Archives in the next couple of weeks.
    I can check marriage for you if you like - just give me all the details you have.

Sheila

bibliojunkie

Hi Trish. Apologies if I have misunderstood, but I’m assuming the exclamation mark after Hannah Ann’s name in your post indicates you think these are both forenames. I know of two people whose surname is ANN. One acquired the name by marriage. She told me her husband had had a previous girlfriend called Ann but she didn’t fancy the idea of becoming Mrs Ann Ann.

Ali

Reputation beyond repute

Marriage Brierley Hill Staff. c1792
    How do you know that?

For Brierley Hill marriages in the 18th century, see Kingswinford.

There is a marriage in the IGI in Kingswinford to a Hannah WOOD in 1786.

patriciab_1

Daft thanks for your reply I have been in touch before about this person along while back now thouhgt I would try again. Found the reading interesting tried to print it out with know luck a couple of messages have come in so will see where they lead, cheers, and thanks Trish

patriciab_1

Ali the Ann! was I think her second name. but I can't find anything to prove that. When I find her parents it may help. Cheers, Trish

patriciab_1

Peter I first found Williams name on the 1841 census while looking for granddaughter Sarah Richards Bowater [daughter of Mary Richards brn 1804] who was working and living with them at the time. after that can't remember where I got my inform. His children were Jospeh brn 1793, John brn 1796, Edward brn 1798, Hannah brn 1803 and Mary Ann brn 1804 all children chris. in Brierley. William and Hannah worked the Hotel "Swan" which I believe was in Kingswinford. His sons John and Jospeh worked hotels too [I think} their names come up with their father in the List 1834 White Directory. In that list William's name start as A.William Richards but I've had know luck with that either the name Alexander comes up quite a bit on my line That's my inform but of course dosn't bring me to his parents. We never know their names might come any day now. cheers Trish. Thanks for getting in touch and showing interest.

patriciab_1

Sheila you a mate for life. would love you to do a lookup. this is my inform. William Richrds brn 1766. Died c1842 Ashbourne District [which may be the area where he was buried] married c1792 Brierley Hill? to Hannah [Ann second name ?] Brn 1766-1768 died May 1840 [Vol.19 page321] This COULD BE a clue but I've had know luck myself in the 1841 census William ran the "Swan" hotel in Kngswinford and in the " List 1834 White Directory" He and his two sons John and Joseph names come up as working the hotel. BUT William's name began as A.William Richards . so birth inform. would be good cheers,, Trish. [Western Austraiia] Thanks for you offer much appreciated.

Reputation beyond repute

married c1792 Brierley Hill
    As pointed out in message #5, they did not marry in Brierley Hill. Brierley Hill was then a chapelry in Kingswinford parish and does not appear to have conducted marriage ceremonies in the 1790s. The place to look would therefore be the Kingswinford parish church.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast