Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do next

Valued member of Brit-Gen

Hello really hoping someone can help further to the information above which I posted quite a few years ago, I have found someone else searching the same tree and has managed to go back further than I, I did message this person as to how they came to find this information but sadly they have not responded! I have tried to find out how they reached this as I don't want to just copy what they have down in their tree! The information they have entered for William Geach 1791 parents Jonathan Geach 1757 born Fowey married Jane Thomas 31 march 1783 Milverton Somerset (yes I have found the marriage) but what I cannot find is the birth of their son William the one I'm stuck on! as you can see from my previous request I have been trying for a few years so I would be very grateful indeed if someone could find the birth of William and that his parents are Jonathan and Jane! the name Jonathan does appear in my tree quite a lot
    regards
    Lj (hope ive entered this in the right place)

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hello Lizziejane, I've just picked up your thread from almost 2 years ago .... hope you're still there!! My paternal ancestors were from Lanteglos near Fowey in Cornwall and the first name I can confirm (as much as anything in Geneology is confirmed is a William Geach born in 1783 who married a Charlotte. I have vague hopes his father was also a William Geach who married an Elizabeth but I have no dates as of yet. I'm pretty certain that William and Charlotte had a son called John Geach who was born in 1808 and he married an Ann Varcoe in 1831 and in 1834 they had a son called William Albert Geach who married a Jane Cowie in 1856. They moved to Gravesend in Kent sometime in the 1860's where the family stayed and further generations were born in the area south of the Thames until my Dad moved to Eastbourne after WW2 where I was born. I don't know whether this is the same Geach family as you are investigating, but there are connections with John's, Jane's and Fowey. Between the 1700's and the move to London the family were boat builders and had a boatyard at Polruan, near to Fowey. I am desperate to get back further than William in 1783 and so, therefore, wondering if there is a connection with your family tree. It would be great to hear from you.

Hi
    Yes still here, like most of us we never finish searching! I will look in the Geach side of my tree and see if we match and get back to you asap
    Regards
    Lj

Hi
    Just looked at my tree this is what I have for the Geach Side (my maiden name was Geach) I have Birth Certs for all except William abt 1791 Only Marriage/Cert
    My Grandad Thomas George 1885-1944 born Limehouse London's East End.
    Jonathan 1855-1887 |Born Stepney London.
    William Thomas 1830-1868 Born Plymouth Died London married Jane Woolcock
    William abt 1791 one census says Bristol but only birth in Bristol was 1777 Paid a Researcher in Bristol for this information He married a Sarah Bullen Steer 7 July 1812 Plymouth, found this information on cds I purchased from Plymouth FTA
    The reason Fowey came into the picture was another person following the same Line entered some information But when asked how he came to it He never answered Me.
    Hope this helps but not sure from what you have said. Let me know how you get on please who knows you may find something that Ive not been able to
    Regards
    Lj

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi JanisH49
    Have just picked up your post concerning William Albert Geach as I am descended from the family who stayed south of the Thames and am researching back on the same tree. Hope we can help each other.
    I am new to this forum so am hoping that you're still operating and will pick up this message.

Hello
    I am still trying to find William Geach abt 1790 birth and parents as you can see I have been doing this search for quite some years now getting near to just giving up!! i have even paid to have research done in Bristol and Cornwall/Devon. my last throw of the dice is William named 2 of his children with the middle name Ferris Catherine and Jonathan which has been now carried through the years only with these names, I found a Catherine Geach baptised 1792 Fowey, parents Jonathan and Mary Catherine married a David Ferris in 1812 4 months after William married Sarah Bullen Steer in the same church! also Jonathan trade was a Cooper same as William but as of yet cannot link my William to Jonathan and Mary nor can I find a Marriage for Jonathan and Mary So if anyone can shed some light on this again I would be so very grateful if not I think its maybe time to give up about ever finding William Birth/Baptism
    thanking you all
    Lj

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12