JeanCochrane

Default Matheson ancestors from Applecross

Three half brothers emigrated from Applecross, Scotland to Prince Edward Island, Canada in 1806. Roderick, John and Murdoch Matheson's father was John Matheson Sr. who married three times each wife was named Mary. Roderick was born in 1751, John was born in 1778 and Murdoch was born in 1768. They came to Canada with their families and settled in Prince Edward Island, Canada.

Much information in available on their families in Canada however information on their parents or lives in Applecross doesn't seem to be available. I often wonder what they did for a living in Applecross and who their respective mothers were.

I know there is a book on the Matheson's history but from that I can't pinpoint who is who. It goes back many generations.

Any suggestions.

Glen Saunders

I have a little information on the Matheson clan. Margaret Matheson married Donald McDonald July 21, 1851, Applecross
    Glen

JeanCochrane

Did the Matheson clan that you have information on have any family members emigrate to Canada? Do you know the family history of the Margaret Matheson you mentioned?

Thank you for responding.

Jean Cochrane (Matheson)

Glen Saunders

Default Matheson/ Applecross

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Saunders View Post
    I have a little information on the Matheson clan. Margaret Matheson married Donald McDonald July 21, 1851, Applecross
    Glen
    Met Matheson relation in Inverness several years ago but not aware of any others on the "West Coast". Try
    Margret Matheson b 14 March 1830, parents Donald Matheson/Anne MacKenzie/Applecross.
    I will check with "Keeper of the Family Tree" in Dingwall.
    Glen