Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Joc_42

Wink How Do I Find Divorce records online????

Hi All,

Have tried to find a divorce on Ancestry but cannot seem to locate any divorces on there, I'm sure I have before???

Is there anywhere else I could look? Divorce was somewhere between 1940 and 1945??

Many Thanks

Jan1954

Have a read of this TNA Research Guide and you will find search instructions in section 3.

Joc_42

Many Thanks Jan.

Was hoping to find the details online :-(

HelenVSmith

Hi

Have you checked the London Gazette online? There are divorce notices listed. It won't give you the background of the divorce but will give you the date.

Regards
    Helen

Joc_42

Thx Helen,

I haven't, how do I get access to that ?

Jo

Geoffers

Simply typing 'London Gazette' into a search engine will bring it up.

The URL is here: London Gazette

I suggest keeping searches simple, try beginning with a surname within a set period of time; if that throws back too many hits then refine the search by adding a forename and possibly reviewing the time period over which you search.

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Simply typing 'London Gazette' into a search engine will bring it up.

The URL is here: London Gazette

I suggest keeping searches simple, try beginning with a surname within a set period of time; if that throws back too many hits then refine the search by adding a forename and possibly reviewing the time period over which you search.
    Thanks for that site Geoffers Alot of information can be found...looks like I'm in for many hours of reading.

Sue

garywilson

I found what i was looking for in the National Archives online - not sure which years are covered but maybe it will help you .

Joc_42

Thank U all for your tips still dont seem to be able to locate it though :-(

janiceb

I found basic divorce details by chance. I had 'googled' John Beckett, one of the names I was researching, and one of the links brought up took me to TNA, I then followed links to details of his divorce.
    Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast