Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Settling in

Question Hulbert and Hick

My branch of the Hulberts moved to London, but there were many, many siblings who stayed in Wiltshire. Is anyone else researching this name in the Melksham and Bradford on Avon areas? My main names are Jacob and Thomas. I have failed to find any information on Frances (Fanny) Hick who married Jacob Hulbert in 1815 in Bradford. Jacob was a shearer once he had left his service in the Peninsula wars but eventually became a living-in Chelsea Pensioner. Thomas was an engine fitter and moved to live in London.
    Any Hulberts or Hicks out there?

Forbesje

Default Hulbert/Hick

I am a descendant of Jacob Hulbert and Fanny Hick. My surname is Hulbert. Email and see if we can match up our trees.

Settling in

Cool Hulberts in Wiltshire

Sorry I left is so long to look for replies to my posting. I hope your email address is not out of date so long after you put up your reply!?
    Stephanie

chris h

i have just started researching my family tree,and from what i have read online today...

Jacob Hulbert would be my great great great grandfather on my fathers side,with his son being Thomas hulbert...his daughter...Blanche louise Hulbert,being my grandads mother.

if that make sense

my family surname is Hunt

and the Chelsea Pensioner information has made my year!

Settling in

Smile Hulberts of Melksham and Bradford on Avon

Hi,
    Yes indeed Blanche Louise is in my tree. However, I have nothing on her other than finding her in the 1881 census! So for me she has been a dead end branch - so to speak.
    Would love to share information with you.
    Kind regards
    Stephanie

cyberry

Default Emma Hulbert in Tasmania 1866

Great to find some Jacob Hulbert and Fanny Hick descendants already. I have only just found out they were probably the parents of my GG grandmother Emma Hulbert. Family lore always spoke of her coming from St Martins in the Fields, London but an obscure newspaper article turned up today giving her birth place as Wiltshire in 1842. Supposedly she had a brother, Charles Hulbert? who came out as well.
    Emma came out on The Ethel in 1866 according to my grandmother.
    Please e-mail me at cyberry AT netspace DOT net DOT au if you are interested. We have photographs of her as a little girl and older.
    Thanks,
    Alex
    Last edited by Jan1954; 16-11-2009 at 9:49 AM. Reason: Email address edited in the continuing war against spammers

adge654

Default hulberts

Hi,

I dont know if there is any connection but my G/G/grandparents were
    William and Sarah Hulbert of 18 sheep street, Cirencester, Gloucestershire.
    My G/grandmother was Helen Hulbert, who married David Ingram in Swindon, Wiltshire in 1875 and my surname is Ingram.

Alan.

Settling in

Smile Hulberts of Wiltshire

I should think most of the Wiltshire Hulberts are related but we would have to go back further than I have been able to do so far, in order to make the connection. I have not gone back much further than the middle 1700s and have only scant information about some lines from then forwards, so you could be somewhere there, but I have no proof at the moment, sorry.
    Stephanie

Hi Stephanie
    It's a long time since anyone posted here but I have only just found it when searching for the Hulberts of Wiltshire. My mother was a Hulbert, daughter of Frank Eatwell Hulbert of London who was descended, I believe, from the Hulberts of Wiltshire that you are enquiring about at the start of this thread, according to the research carried out by one of my cousins. I may have some information of interest to you, if you have not already found it. Also, it would be useful to find out if and how we are related. I see you are on Twitter so I have just followed you - I'm @teewens.
    Terry

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default Further decendents of Frank Eatwell Hulbert

Hi Terry,

my mother is also a Hulbert daughter of Thomas (and Florence) Hulbert who was a son of Frank Eatwell Hulbert. The line goes back to Jacob and Fanny in Wiltshire. I think I can go back further to another Jacob born in 1710 (Melksham). They all appear to have been involved in the wool industry.

Personally, I moved to Wiltshire about 12 years ago but not Melksham/Bradford areas but further south in Mere.

Best Regards,

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast