Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Hi Chris

Yes, I know who your grandfather was. He was one of my mother's older brothers. She was Constance Hulbert (Connie). I must have met your grandfather when I was younger and your mother too, I dare say. She would be my cousin. One of my other cousins is Susan, the grandaughter of one of your grandfather's brother - Alf. She has done a lot of work in tracing back our family. She also got as far back as the earlier Jacob that you mention. I recently discovered the Hulbert family tree website. You can trace back from the Jacobs on there to around 1500 and one, William Hulbert. I am not sure how verifiable that is but will look into further as it is not long since I found it. The website is https://hulbert.one-name.net/

I live in Hampshire now having been born in North London just over 70 years ago. My mum passed away 3 years back. She would have been delighted to know that I had been in touch with her brother Tom's family. Here is a photo of your grandfather (who is the one sitting down) with his mother, brothers and sisters (taken before my mum was born)

Let's stay in touch.

Regards

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
    Hi Terry,

my mother is also a Hulbert daughter of Thomas (and Florence) Hulbert who was a son of Frank Eatwell Hulbert. The line goes back to Jacob and Fanny in Wiltshire. I think I can go back further to another Jacob born in 1710 (Melksham). They all appear to have been involved in the wool industry.

Personally, I moved to Wiltshire about 12 years ago but not Melksham/Bradford areas but further south in Mere.

Best Regards,

Chris

Not sure why the photo didn't show up but the link to is: https://photos.app.goo.gl/rTCynyBcytZ5Ry4P7

Terry

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Terry,

thank you for sending the photograph I had never seen my grandfather as a boy. We moved as a family from Paddington to Farnborough, Hampshire in the late 60s. it would be good to stay in touch my email is pierrefondesATyahooDOTcoDOTuk.

Best Regards,

Chris.
    Last edited by christanel; 02-03-2021 at 4:08 AM. Reason: email address disguised to deter spam

Settling in

Hi again Terry, I will find you on Twitter and we can talk there. Thanks for getting back to me. I have had to reset my password to get back on this site!
    Stephanie

Settling in

Dear Chris
    I hope I can email you too,
    Stephanie

Settling in

Dear Terry
    I was in contact with Susan years ago when all of this family line was unknown. She has indeed done lots of research. We exchanged information.
    I went to the Record Office, again years ago, and found that our Jacob COULD be descended from a Richard HULBERT. BUT there is no appropriate baptism for our Jacob so he is difficult to pin down. There is another Jacob H a few miles away so we need to be careful. I will go on to the One Name Study site to have a look.
    Many thanks
    Stephanie

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Alex,

this is very interesting do you have a photograph of the Ethel? If Charles also went to Tazmanian is there a line of Hulberts in Australia?

Best Regards,

Chris

Settling in

Hello
    Are you still interested in the HULBERTS? I have made contact recently with two more cousins in UK. It would be good to make contact again,
    Stephanie
    March 2021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12