Max66

Default John Gordon/Grizel Feguson Rothesay Bute

I hope that this is on the correct forum, I believe that Buteshire is now part of Argyl.

Joseph Gordon and Grizel Ferguson of Rothesay, on the Island of Bute, Scotland had a son John on about the 17th Jan 1814. John was one of my immigrant ancestors. I have been able to track Grizels family but I can find nothing at all about Joseph Gordon. Joseph was an unusual name in Scotland at that time, perhaps he came over from Ireland. Any assistance with Joseph would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,
    Max66

shanegordon13

Hi Max66,

I know you posted this over 2 years ago but I was wandering if you had any luck locating Joseph Gordon. His son, John Gordon was one of my immigrant ancestors as well. His son, James Guthrie Gordon is my Great Great Grandfather.
    I dont know if you already found it out but Joseph was Irish. Its stated on Johns birth certificated that his father was a Labourer from Ireland. I seem to have hit the same wall that you did back then though. I havnt been able to locate any information about Joseph at all.
    Have you had any luck since then?

Shane Gordon
    Sydney

Max66

Hi Shane,

Nice to hear from you. No I haven't been able to get any further back past Joseph Gordon but I have lots of information about the Australian side of the family.
    Just to show you where I fit in;
    Joseph Gordon
    John Gordon
    James Guthrie Gordon
    Leslie Gordon (Tim)
    Stanley Gordon
    Merv Gordon (me).
    Where do you fit in?
    Email me on mervandcarmel AT optusnet DOT com DOT au and I will email you the "Gordon" parts of the family history book that I have written.

Cheers,

Merv.
    Last edited by olliecat; 14-04-2012 at 12:22 AM. Reason: email address edited to deter spammers