darylr

Unhappy Mary Shirret Bruce

Hi,

I'm trying to find an ancestor of mine named Mary Shirret Bruce, b. 22 Feb 1896 in Partick, Glasgow . She was my grandmother's sister.

She appears on the 1901 census with her family living in New Kilpatrick, aged 5. Her parents were William Bruce, a master stone mason, & Abigail Jane Tedford. My grandmother's name was Bessie Tedford Bruce.

I've tried to find a marriage/death for her, & looked at emigration records without success.

Can anyone help ?

Regards,

Daryl

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi Daryl

Scotlands People's index has a death in 1964 of a Mary Shirrit Bruce (note spelling) b 1896 in Glasgow City which sounds promising. You should also get more info about her when the 1911 census arrives.

grisel

edenm

Mary Shirret Bruce is the name of my grandmother born and died in Glasgow and also married to Frederick Hope. Mary's Last living child is Gloria(my mother) who along with myself, just visited the grave of Frederick and Mary Hope in Glasgow(Oct. 2010). Gloria often mentioned an aunt Bessie to me. Gloria is also in possesion of Fred and Mary's Birth Certificates and many pic's. I came across your post while looking for the decendents of Fred and Mary Hopes children,Desmond(glasgow),Raymond(australia),Marig old(died 14 years old). Desmond ofspring I know and have met. Raymond was sent to Australia on the Big Brother Movement.

I suppose that makes us 2nd cousins, warm regards Eden.