Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    isleofvaila

Fiona, I am a relative of yours. Not sure of the precise connection, but my mother is a great, granddaughter of Philip Gunning. I live in Canada, but I'm on a short visit to Bath, Somerset, and will be in Melksham today. I only discovered this discussion yesterday, otherwise I might be able to find out more information so my time in Melksham will be more valuable. Yesterday, I saw the courthouse in Wells where Philip and Robert probably appeared more than once. I certainly hope I can return to this area some time when I'm more informed.

isleofvaila

Ron, I am a relative of yours. Not sure of the precise connection, but my mother is a great, granddaughter of Philip Gunning. I live in Canada, but I'm on a short visit to Bath, Somerset, and will be in Melksham today. I only discovered this discussion yesterday, otherwise I might be able to find out more information so my time in Melksham will be more valuable. Yesterday, I saw the courthouse in Wells where Philip and Robert probably appeared more than once. I certainly hope I can return to this area some time when I'm more informed.

ronspriggs

Default Gunnings of Melksham

Hi, many thanks for your post. I am a great, great grandson of Phillip Gunning which I guess makes your mother a cousin of some sort. I have pieced together a pretty good family tree of the Gunnings. I visited some of the Gunning family recently and discovered that there are still Gunnings working the land granted to Phillip on his parole.
    Would be glad to hear of any information you can find in Melksham and to share the information I have gathered.
    You can contact me via email [email protected]
    Regards
    Ron

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Fiona and Ron!
    It seems that I too am related to you both. Coincidentally, I took the 90 minute drive today from our home in the Blue Mountains to White Rock via Bathurst with my youngest daughter Josephine, looking for Philip and Ann’s original property, but as it was a spur of the moment thing, I wasn’t prepared and we failed to find both the property and Philip’s resting place. I’ll do some homework next time and go back again in the near future.
    I’m descended from Philip and Ann via their son Charles Robert (b.17/7/1852), his son Walter Milton (b.30/9/1893), and my father, Trevor James Gunning (b.09/7/1922).
    I’m sorry it’s taken me this long to respond, but I’ve only just discovered your thread here.
    I hope you are both well! You can contact me via Facebook - Steve Gunning.
    Cheers.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Ps: I visited Melksham in 2017 with my two youngest kids, Josephine and Hugo, when on a flying visit to see my eldest daughter Cherise who was then living in Taunton. Small world! Unfortunately again, as it was on a Sunday we weren’t able to get much more information on Philip or his parents or family at the time, but we certainly found other distant relatives were still in the area - we nearly got ourselves run off the main road running south from Melksham by a rather large mobile crane with the familiar GUNNING name emblazoned along its length, LOL! My eldest daughter and her young family now live a little closer to Melksham in Silverton via Bickleigh, Devon, and I’m due another granddad visit next year sometime, so I’ll gather all the available information we have here and do some proper detecting then. Cheers again, Steve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12