John Rees

Default HMS Lamerton Crew/Photo

My Grandfather David Glanville Rees from LLannon, South Wales, served upon HMS Lamerton between 1943 - 1945. Where could I find a photograph and possibly a crew list with it within this period? I have one photo from the Maritime Museum but no crew list or date so i cant identify him even if he is on it. I do have his service number which is MX85726. Any help would be appreciated....................................... ..

Famous for offering help & advice gortonboy's Avatar

posting your query on this site might bring some results

https://www.worldnavalships.com/forums/

more photos and crew photos.plus it tells you the name of the ships official photographer.

members.fortunecity.com/rwbrown1942/Busterssite/id23.html
    Last edited by Geoffers; 25-01-2010 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Direct link to site with adverts removed

John Rees

Thanks very much for the links, hopefully it will steer me in the right direction.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

I came across your posting of Jan 2010. My father-in-Law George Neves served on HMS Lamerton and I have a few photos taken August to October 1941, including some crew members and pictures of sailors from the Fenaris sunk by the Lamerton, climbing on board the latter. Glad to respond further if you are still interested.

Best,
    Harold Behr, Hertfordshire UK.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Good Day Harold, Have sent a reply already but in case you have not got it, I send another, I would be interested to see the photos though I may have them already, My e-mail is Tony DOT lamerton AT cloud5 DOT plus DOT com Ron Drummond a fellow crew knew George, I have a 1941-2 crew photo though most of my info has now been passed down to Tavistock museum who have a display photo of the ship as Lamerton village is three miles away and all Hunt Class destroyers were named after villages in WW2 also Tavistock raised £300000.for the ship in 1942-4, thanks for sending the e-mail. Tony.
    Last edited by Pam Downes; 23-12-2019 at 3:56 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to foil spammers